Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza

Options
2»

Comments

• gerhardk
    gerhardk Posts: 942
    Options
    I have sent food back when it was inedible, I remember ordering mussels in a restaurant and less than half had opened and the one that I tried tasted like dead fish.  What I meant I am not one for sending food back is I try not to be like those folks everybody has seen that make a big fuss that the steak they ordered is cooked a little less or slightly more than what was ordered, try to get a deal on the meal or free drinks and are just generally a pain for everyone involved.

Gerhard
  • smokesniffer
    Options
    SteveWPBFL Did pizza last night, here is what works for us. Starting a full amount of lump. Light the fire and leave the lid open till there is a nice big fist full of glowing lump. The lower vent is wide open. At this time I put in the plate setter legs down, put the 3 feet that can with the egg on the plate setter and then put the pizza stone on the three feet so that everything pre-heats. Close lid and let the egg come up to 550. I start shutting down the lower vent about 75-100 degrees before target temp. The Daisy Wheel is no where to be seen. Once the egg is stabilized I let it purr there for about 1/2 or so. We use parchment paper on the pizza peel. After 2-3 minutes pull off the parchment paper, sometimes if I am thinking I grab a long sleeve glove to help burp the egg and protect your arm. After parchment is off and watch and turn the pizza around on the stone to cook evenly.Pizza on the egg is very tasty and has always been a hit with everyone.
    Large, small, and a mini
  • IrishDevl
    IrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    Options
    Oh I am not one of those peeps that complain about everything.  I was a waiter or busboy for nearly my entire childhood and I know how much of a pain a complainer can be.  However, if I had the mussel issue you had I would probably ask for the check and leave immediately, chances are that is not the only disaster in the restaurant.