Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Boneless/Skinless Chicken Breast

Options
genwmull
genwmull Posts: 61
edited January 2012 in Poultry
What would be the best way to cook boneless/skinless chicken breast?
Large BGE Dyersburg TN

Comments

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    I have not cooked a BSCB since I got my egg. Its too easy to spachcock a whole bird and I think they taste way better. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • AD18
    AD18 Posts: 209
    Options
    Since they are so lean and mean I prefer to cook them hot and fast.  Low and slow is hard to keep them moist, especially the outside, in my experience so far. 
    Large BGE, Weber 22.5 kettle, Weber Genesis
    Cobourg, Ontario
  • Cowdogs
    Cowdogs Posts: 491
    Options

Pounded thin, seasoned, breaded and fried.  :D

• AD18
    AD18 Posts: 209
    Options
    I've pounded them thin, placed some provolone cheese on it with a couple of basil leaves, rolled up, held together with a soaked toothpick, grill hot and quick for about 15 minutes turning frequently.  Gooooooooood.
    Large BGE, Weber 22.5 kettle, Weber Genesis
    Cobourg, Ontario
  • Hillbilly-Hightech
    Options
    I sometimes do skinless boneless, and I usually rub w/ some EVOO & then my favorite rub, do them direct, dome temp about 350-375, and cook to internal temp ~=160
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee
  • genwmull
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice, I cooked them like Hillbilly-Hightech suggested and they turned out great.  Very moist.  I agree with you travis, spatchcocked chicken tastes better.
    Large BGE Dyersburg TN
  • Hillbilly-Hightech
    Options
    genwmull - glad the chicken turned out well!!  I like chicken on the Egg (though, there's not really anything I DON'T like on the Egg) hehehe...

Anyway, congrats on the successful cook!!
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee
  • brad11140
    Options
    Was just about to say I did some BSCB last night, Some creole seasoning and BBQ sauce. Cooked at 350, but I think I pulled them off a tad late. Still pretty good eating. Glad to hear it worked out for you.