Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fans

JGIFFORD
JGIFFORD Posts: 50
edited January 2012 in EggHead Forum
Well here it goes. If yor gonna spend the money what is the better unit. Stoker? Guru? Or one of the others. I do want to be able to run a grate temp t/c and would prefer 2 meat t/c. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• ChokeOnSmoke
    ChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,942
    edited January 2012
    I own a Guru DX and am very happy with it.  If I was you though, I would go to the Naked Whiz site and read the comparisons on all of them, then you can make an educated decision.
    By the way, what does t/c mean?
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• Sorry therm couple.
  • They are both good units.  They both work very well.  It's a matter of what you want in the way of the features they offer.  One isn't better than the other.
    The Naked Whiz
  • thechief96
    thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    I use the stoker when I want to relax and sleep. I really like it and it is very expandable.
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
  • joe@bge
    joe@bge Posts: 394

I bought the Guru CyberQ II...it's pretty much a "set it and forget it" system.  Used mine 5 times now and it holds the temp exactly where you want it as long as you have lump in the firebox.

If you want to really "geek out" and need true wireless, then the Stoker would be a better choice.  Check out Naked Whiz...the reviews of both systems are awesome.

• OK SO I DID IT, DigiQ II.  The stoker and the CyberQ II both out of stock.  After talking to the lady at BBQ Guru we went with DigiQ II because she said it a couple of months they were coming out with a complete wireless system to rival the Stoker.  If I wanted to ever upgrade my fans, adap., and therma couples would interchange.  Cant wait to use it this weekend! 
  • I just got the DigiQ II for Christmas. I have the cast iron grates for the XLBGE. can anyone tell me where the best place is to put the "pit probe" ? right now I am clamping it to dome thermometer clip inside top lid. On the videos people have the smaller standard grate and clip the alligator clip to that but cast iron is too big. Thanks
  • Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,566
    Just to keep things simple and constant I always cook to dome temperature so I always clip my Digi Q to the dome. When I use it with my maverick probe that goes on the grate.
  • On the fence right now. @JGIFFORD, so they are planning a wireless upgrade for the DigiQ that will be compatible with the system you bought? That sounds good to me.
  • No all the extras will interchange. The computer will not upgrade a new one will be required.