Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pulled Pork Leftovers?

BakerMan
BakerMan Posts: 159
edited January 2012 in EggHead Forum

We had some leftover pulled pork from a shoulder I cooked for New Years last week.  My wife was trying to figure out how to use the left overs and get a quick meal on the table.  She ended up opening a can of sauerkraut, slicing fresh carrots into it and then mixing the pulled pork in and heating until the carrots were tender.  She served this over a bed of mashed potatoes.  Pretty good comfort food on short notice.

Although I can eat pulled pork sandwiches till the cows come home I'm curious how other people use leftover pulled pork.

BakerMan - Purcellville, VA "When its smokin' its cookin', when its black its done"

Comments

• DMurf
    DMurf Posts: 481
    Use it in Tacos, enchiladas, scalloped potatoes, eggs, green beans, a topping for ice cream (ok maybe not ice cream). I have also used "leftover" pulled pork to bribe the people I work with, works like a charm.

You can use it in chili, stews, pasta, ABTs, dip. Just experiment that's where the fun is.
    David
    BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.
  • thechief96
    thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    U can also use it a part of the mixture for ABT's
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
  • Squeezy
    Squeezy Posts: 1,102
    Great on pizza and likely in an omelette
    Never eat anything passed through a window unless you're a seagull ... BGE Lg.
  • Shawn
    Shawn Posts: 356
    edited January 2012
    I would do the following recipe from the bbq grail: (ITS SOME GOOD)

Pulled Pork CakesIngredients:
    • 3 cups pulled pork, course chopped
    • 2 cups panko break crumbs
    • 1 teaspoon jalapeno, finely chopped
    • 1 teaspoon bell pepper, finely chopped
    • 1 teaspoon shallot, finely chopped
    • 1 egg, beaten well
    • 1/4 cup mayonnaise
    • Bacon drippings
    • Salt, Pepper and BBQ Rub, to taste
    Directions:

In a small skillet melt the bacon drippings.  When hot saute the jalapeno, bell pepper and shallots until tender.  Let them cool to room temperature.

In a medium mixing bowl combine all remaining ingredients and mix well.   I used about a tablespoon of BBQ rub, but you can use however much you want.  Form the mixture into three compacted patties.  I used a hamburger patty press to make sure they were consistent in size and firmly packed.  Lay the patties out on parchment paper and chill in the refrigerator until cold.

Dust the patties in a little flour and then put in an egg wash.  From the egg wash put the patties into the crushed Bacon Croutons.  Make sure you cover both the side and all the way around the edges.  (NOTE:  When you open the package of Bacon Croutons you need to resist tasting them.  You have been warned, if you eat one you could find yourself eating the whole package.  They are that good.

Fry the patties until golden brown in oil.  Place them on a paper towel or rack to drain and then put them in a 200 degree oven until warmed through.  Serve garnished with BBQ Mayo (Mayo mixed with a little BBQ sauce) or some other BBQ condiment.

Cheers! Shawn My Blog: http://hrmcreativebbq.blogspot.com/ My Dads Custom Handles Blog http://dannyscarvings.blogspot.com
  • ChokeOnSmoke
    ChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,942
    1.) Chili
    2.) tacos/fajitas
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• Mighty_Quinn
    Mighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    Great on pizza and likely in an omelette

+1 for both of those...omelet with smoked gouda cheese...yum!
  • tnbarbq
    tnbarbq Posts: 248
    BBQ Spaghetti.
    Scooter 
    Mid TN. Hangin' in the 'Boro. MIM Judge
  • jimi1234
    jimi1234 Posts: 101
    Burritos, nachos. So many options.