Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

twin cities MN metro eggfest organize interest?

Options
smokeybreeze
smokeybreeze Posts: 216
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just asking the question since I haven't discovered an existing eggfest in this area and I am aware of lots of eggheads in the area.

Other than Warners-Stellians and Gertens, are there other BGE dealers in the metro?

Comments

• smokeybreeze
    Options
    oh, and how many on this forum hang their hats in this region?
  • Willie Lump Lump
    Options
    There is a yearly (3 or 4) Eggfest in October. It has been at Poolside patio.
    Look for a banner later.
    TTFN WLL, Minneapolis Kingfield neighborhood
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    uh, where were you in February this year and last??????
  • UofMontanaAlum
    Options
    There was a fest in Shakopee last weekend. Check out the tab at the top of the forum entitled "special events", it's the first one listed. It was called "The Bone Daddy Rib Classic" and was open to BGE owners only. I ended up winning 2nd place out of 20 teams and taking home a small big green egg. I'd say there were between 700-1000 people who stopped in to check it out. It was a great time and they said they are doing it again next year.

EDIT: You asked about local BGE dealers. Check out Appliance Sales and Service and ask for Dan. I've bought all my eggs and accessories from him. He carries alot of stuff other dealers won't have (ie. BBQ Guru, Looft Lighters, etc...). He is also the areas Wicked Good Charcoal dealer.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    Poolside has one every year. My first time last year. Nothing huge as for people. Colder weather last year maybe kept them away. I recommend poolside in the fall. Still bummed I missed the Shakopee fest.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Harley Butts
    Options
    The ACE Hardware store in Stillwater just began carrying BGE.
  • FossilPeddler
    Options
    Got mine at Warners Stellian in Maple Grove, but have seen BGE's for sale at Settergren's Hardware at 54th and Penn.

The Shakopee event sounds intriguing.
  • smokeybreeze
    Options
    Uh, I just got my BGE this February, I was a lost soul before I became enlightened. :lol:
  • bonedaddy
    Options
    The Bonedaddy Rib Classic is on May 5th 2012 at Appliance sales and Service in Shakopee. Entries will start later in January. All the BGE that are used at it will be discounted. www.myappliancesource.com
  • bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
    Options
    The Bonedaddy Rib Classic is on May 5th 2012 at Appliance sales and Service in Shakopee. Entries will start later in January. All the BGE that are used at it will be discounted. www.myappliancesource.com

Thanks. I should be there.

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• yumdinger
    yumdinger Posts: 255
    Options
    Poolside has an egg feat 2nd week in September. Bought my egg there this year.