Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best burger ever

Hokie_Smoker
Hokie_Smoker Posts: 662
edited January 2012 in EggHead Forum
I have had my egg since 12/21, I've hardly let it cool. So far I've done chicken, rack of pork, pizza, cabbage, bacon wrapped corn. Today I tried burgers & hot dogs, the best burger I've ever had! Right now I have a cherry cobbler cooking in my Great-Grandmother's cast iron pot. I'm definitely an egghead. What should I cook next?

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669

BBQ Turkey leg or Game Hen

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• I may wait until after tomorrow for turkey legs. My Hokies play Michigan tomorrow night & I don't want to BBQ our mascot.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Belmont, NC

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669

If you are interested in cooking later: Buy raw turkey legs. I use Butt Rub and cook direct high in dome at 400. The last 15 min's I use Bone Sucking Sauce. About a 50 min cook. Very easy and good cook.

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• I never herd of ABT's until I got on the forum. cooked them on 2 different occasions. They are delicious! Whole pepper,full pc. of thick cut bacon stuffed with softened cream cheese and portuguese chourico. There are a lot of recipes out there. If you want my interpretation, PM me an will gladly give you my recipe. Glad you are excited about your new egg!
  • Salmon is awesome on the egg. Don't know how you did the chicken but if you haven't done a spatchcock chicken yet that is defiantly worth doing. Dude I'm gonna have to try that bacon wrapped corn!
  •  

Salmon is awesome on the egg. Don't know how you did the chicken but if you haven't done a spatchcock chicken yet that is defiantly worth doing. Dude I'm gonna have to try that bacon wrapped corn!

I don't mean to brag but the corn is really good.  It isn't my recipe and I don't want to violate any terms of service but here is the link.  http://www.wrightbrand.com/recipe-cuisines#wright-brand-bacon-backyard-corn

I used another brand of bacon and subsituted Maple Syrup for the Honey but it worked out really good. 

Belmont, NC

• I'm thrilled with my burgers too....but Tweev-tip has me intrigued for umami - I just bought my fish sauce tonight to make the 'best burgers ever'.  I''m a wee bit nervous and I CERTAINLY can't tell my wife.
    I love my egg.
  • Diptip
    Diptip Posts: 45
    Go check out my umami burger recipein the beef section.

What is umamI?
    In an idiots head.
  • SteveWPBFL
    SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
    Mickey, what are you using to raise the grill?