Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

JS Design Table - Reviews/input needed

nysportsfan
nysportsfan Posts: 241
edited December 2011 in EGG Table Forum
My fiance bought me the Long Deluxe Table for my large big green egg for Christmas. Looks awesome, but just making sure it's a reputable company, as I didn't have any input....

http://jsdesignsshop.com/long_deluxe.html

Can anyone provide some feedback?

Comments

• bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
    Just wondering how much was your long deluxe for large BGE?

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• Just wondering how much was your long deluxe for large BGE?

No idea, and I'm not about to ask for a quote on my Christmas present lol.
  • It looks nice although I was not able to determine what type of wood they used or the finish so I would try to keep it covered as much as possible
  • From the home page "Our tables are solid cypress - chosen from a premium grade of lumber that has been kiln dried" and "Tables are available either unsealed or sealed with a natural cedar tone color premium deck and fence stain ."
  • rodent
    rodent Posts: 106
    The eggs seem to sit right on the wood with no stone. Is tis correct?
  • Rodent, looks that way from the photos.  I wouldn't do that, if I were me.
    The Naked Whiz
  • rodent
    rodent Posts: 106
    Guess they know what they are doing, but I would put some kind of thermal spacer there.
  • Hopefully their instructions tell you to get a paver or whatever, not included.

The Naked Whiz
  • Thanks guys. Yeah, the pictures look that way. I haven't even started to put it together. She got it unstained, which I like, so I can make it look like whatever I want. At minimum, I will put the feet under the egg. 

However, my large BGE just fell apart, literally. It's now in 30 pieces as it must've cracked when I was moving it. Hoping this is covered by their lifetime warranty...
  • I saw them at Eggtoberfest last year - the design and quality are top notch.  I built my own, but have recommended J&S to friends.
  • reh111
    reh111 Posts: 196
    The table looks great - but I would either get a concrete paver to set the egg on or use the "feet" - either will take the heat off the wood and you need one or the other
  • I saw them at Eggtoberfest last year - the design and quality are top notch.  I built my own, but have recommended J&S to friends.
    Great info, thanks.
    The table looks great - but I would either get a concrete paver to set the egg on or use the "feet" - either will take the heat off the wood and you need one or the other

Yep, definitely will do that.
  • Well we are about to find out how much they value a customer, even if it is about 9 months ago. Unfortunately, I just unwrapped the present (life got in the way) and the granite was broken in a bunch of pieces. Any chance they will send me another piece of granite? Another issue is that the fiancee and I are no longer together, so I do not have any order information. This table is symbolic of that whole ordeal, so it's appropriate that it was broken upon opening, ugh.
  • I picked up one of these yesterday.  This company is local to me.  I cannot say enough nice things about the guys building the tables and the table itself.  I am going to post some pictures and a full review of the table but my first impression is that the table is great.
       -Jody Newell (LBGE & a 36" Blackstone griddle).
  • Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,566
    edited September 2012
    Well we are about to find out how much they value a customer, even if it is about 9 months ago. Unfortunately, I just unwrapped the present (life got in the way) and the granite was broken in a bunch of pieces. Any chance they will send me another piece of granite? Another issue is that the fiancee and I are no longer together, so I do not have any order information. This table is symbolic of that whole ordeal, so it's appropriate that it was broken upon opening, ugh.

Did you just receive the table after nine months? If you think they should be responsible for a package you have had in your possession for months without bothering to check the contents I think you should start preparing yourself for a let down. I mean really?

• I have one great company to deal with, everything worked out well I really like the table.
  • Well we are about to find out how much they value a customer, even if it is about 9 months ago. Unfortunately, I just unwrapped the present (life got in the way) and the granite was broken in a bunch of pieces. Any chance they will send me another piece of granite? Another issue is that the fiancee and I are no longer together, so I do not have any order information. This table is symbolic of that whole ordeal, so it's appropriate that it was broken upon opening, ugh.

Did you just receive the table after nine months? If you think they should be responsible for a package you have had in your possession for months without bothering to check the contents I think you should start preparing yourself for a let down. I mean really?

Relax, guy. I agree completely, but I just thought I would post about my ongoing experience with the company.
  • Great Table and the Company was great to work will