Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New to the BGE community

Reno
Reno Posts: 12
edited December 2011 in EggHead Forum

First timer here. I've heard of the BGE for years and every year I said i was going to buy one. Well this year was the year. I went all out and purchased the XL BGE. I recently renovated my kitchen so i got the cabinet guy to make me a nest. This forum was very helpful with tips and suggestions on building tables. He gave me a good price on the table. I guess it helped i spent $7K with him on the inside of my house. I will post pictures when it's ready. I'm sure I'll be posting question when i'm up and running so any advise from long time users is much appreciated. Glad to be apart of the BGE community finally!

Comments

• Squeezy
    Squeezy Posts: 1,102
    Welcome ... looking forward to you sharing with us ... =D>
    Never eat anything passed through a window unless you're a seagull ... BGE Lg.
  • Welcome and can't wait to see those pictures!
    Coming to you from the Mothership!
  • Welcome to the BGE cult. You will love livin' the BGE style.

Lots of great advice here from some great BGE chefs.  Lots of really nice people too.

Everything you can think of has been asked previously, so I suggest using the search button for simple questions like lighting the egg, cooking the most common stuff (ribs, tenderloin, burgers, pizza, butts, etc).  It's all there already.

If you can't find something in the recipes section then don't hesitate to ask away. 
    Jackson, Tennessee. VFL (Vol for Life)
  • ChokeOnSmoke
    ChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,942
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!
    Looking forward to seeing your table.
    Any pictures of tables, meats, egg setups, action shots, etc. are appreciated and encouraged!
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• fyrpit
    fyrpit Posts: 24
    Welcome... I think you will find not only is the egg the best purchase you have ever made. But, you will also find great people here. I like that everyone is willing to share and help those of us who are pretty new to the BGE community.  Again,Welcome and happy Smokin'
    Todd www.smokinfyrpit.com https://www.facebook.com/SmokinFyrPit pitmaster@smokinfyrpit.com Dragon Breath Lump Charcoal Dealer XL Big Green Egg & Large Big Green Egg Rebel 23' Smoker DigiQ DXII & Cyber Que WIFI KCBS Member & CBJ
  • Just got my first BGE yesterday and I'm really excited.  I have been looking for about 2 years and finally found what I think was a super deal on Craigslist.  My egg came with the eggnest and I'm thinking about changing the wheels to more of commercial grade caster setup.  Has anyone tried this or heard of pros/cons of doing so?  I am stoked to have joinged the BGE community.  Thanks in advance for any tips/direction you may provide.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,318

Welcome and if you don't find what you need here with the search, try www.greeneggers.com . The aforementioned site used to be affiliated with BGE but that all changed several months ago.  The search function there, while with limitations does house a repository of info from several years of experience with many who will offer to help with any topics.  Should you venture to the greeneggers site, when you get to the main forum page look on the left of the page.  You will find something along the lines of Quick reference part 1 and 2.  Check out the links-lots of good basic info that will speed the learning curve.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • It's basically filled with old coots talking about their dead dogs, bowel movements and smoked baloney. 
    Tweev, that's two days in a row now you got me laughing hard out loud.  Funny stuff.
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• There are a lot of old people on the other site that is for sure, but generally what you will not find is people who continuously put down other people.  They are as a whole respectful, helpful and very nice.  I believe that some people that are critical of religion and baloney and just about everything and everyone may be banned from that site.  So, read the criticism of the other site with a grain of salt.  Lots of people over there that have been egging for decades.  Many of them have started their own BBQ based businesses, started eggfests, have egg related blogs and web pages, have egg related cook books.  Almost all of them would invite you over to their house to teach you how to use the egg.  Almost none of them would make a critical comment like "A bunch of culinary geniuses over there there is!"

Ed
  • Squeezy
    Squeezy Posts: 1,102

I've had to deal with people that think Spam (mystery meat in a can not the other) is a culinary specialty, smoked or otherwise. That was a totally different BBQ forum ... amen!

:-S
    Never eat anything passed through a window unless you're a seagull ... BGE Lg.
  • I to am  new to the Egg. I adopted one this week and look forward to many years of

good food coming out of it. Thanks for all the help I have gotten already just browsing the forum. 

• Congrats on your new egg!  This post may help you with many questions...

http://www.greeneggers.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=1189598&catid=1

Merry Christmas!