Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoke Boston Butt -- Ran out of time!

Options
JBrew
JBrew Posts: 5
edited December 2011 in EggHead Forum
Thought I had allowed enough time for an overnight cook to finish the smoke (stop at 195 F), but I didn't.  Was at 180 F and simply HAD to leave the house for 6 hours plus (nobody to watch it).  So, I took the meat off the grill, wrapped it in aluminum foil and put it in the fridge until the next day.  Next day is here . . . can I simply put the meat back on the grill (or just in the oven at ~275 F) and cook it up to temp of 195 F and be okay?  Or is my butt in trouble (literally and figuratively)?  Thanks!

Comments

• GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Options
    If you just wanted to slice it then you are good to go.
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • gamera06
    Options
    I cooked 2 butts last nite and the fire shut down again... Even with a 9.5" grille from my mini as a fire grate. So today I cooked it at 300 F but I could bring it to 195 F in time so I sliced it and all my guest were really happy.
    BGE XL, Large & Mini, Black Wifi Stoker Cannes, France