Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Daisy Wheel...

Options
Ghost Man
Ghost Man Posts: 24
edited December 2011 in EggHead Forum
A little Daisy Wheel thing, that works against the uncontrolled movement of dasiywheel when the lid is opened.

Watch the video for details.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQkd9XN_tjw    

Comments

• Squeezy
    Squeezy Posts: 1,102
    Options

Cute ... but totally unnecessary ... all one has to do is orient the bolt after adjusting the desired opening so that you are using gravity ... simple!

Never eat anything passed through a window unless you're a seagull ... BGE Lg.
  • forty_crk
    Options

cute- but gravity works for me...and remebering where you had it.

But each to ther own...its ur meat

Reed- Springhill, Louisiana
  • canoeandcue
    Options
    I use these thumbscrews I turned up on my lathe. They look and work great. Just a little something to trick out my egg.
  • The Naked Whiz
    Options
    Yep, all it takes is simply orienting the DFMT correctly to begin with:  How To Keep Your Top From Moving
    The Naked Whiz
  • mitch
    mitch Posts: 25
    Options

cute- but gravity works for me...and remebering where you had it.

But each to ther own...its ur meat

I usually find it (gravity) is dorwn.  :-)
  • JerkChicken
    Options
    I think it's silly that BGE hasn't implemented a solution to this cumbersome flaw. I don't want to have to align the stars and use gravity just to control the damper. 
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
  • Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,567
    Options
    I use these thumbscrews I turned up on my lathe. They look and work great. Just a little something to trick out my egg.

How hot do those thumb screws get? At first that looks like a good idea but gravity has been working fine for me and isn't nearly as complacted as some poeple are making it out to be.
  • Squeezy
    Squeezy Posts: 1,102
    Options

How hot do those thumb screws get? At first that looks like a good idea but gravity has been working fine for me and isn't nearly as complacted as some poeple are making it out to be.
    Eggactly
    :-w
    Never eat anything passed through a window unless you're a seagull ... BGE Lg.
  • paulheels
    paulheels Posts: 457
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I don't use a DW, Chuk Norris regulates with his hand.

Good mornin' and hello! Tickled like fire ant in gasoline.

Paul
    thebearditspeaks.com. Go there. I write it.
  • canoeandcue
    Options
    I cooked at 450 deg. last nite. No problem adjusting them with bare hands. Brass is a good thermal conductor.
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,081
    Options
    Is the unmodified DFMT a new design? Specifically the star shaped washers under the two screws, why the change from regular flat washers? Also, the little handle jutting out horizontally to adjust the opening size, is that factory?

For me, like some others, gravity works fine for keeping my vent settings. That little handle though, I like that addition.

Kind regards,
    dbCooper
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA