Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mighty slow this ole morn

paulheels
paulheels Posts: 457
edited November 2011 in EggHead Forum
I figured with all the talk about cooking the past week, there would be people up and mingling.  Oh well, guess me and my buddy Stone ywill sit here and drink coffee, waiting on some pictures.  Got a butt on myself.  heyyyyo

Paul
thebearditspeaks.com. Go there. I write it.

Comments

• FxLynch
    FxLynch Posts: 433
    I'm just about to start up the Egg, injecting the Turkey right now and getting ready for coffee.  

This is super early for me, I'm more of a night owl.

Frank
  • i had to get the pork on early to have it done for dinner.   I love the smell of smoke in the morn with a good cup of coffee

Paul
  • FxLynch
    Agreed Paul. I had the apple smoke rolling, now the turkey is on and that smell of the creole butter injection mixed with the smoke is amazing.  The coffee is nice on a cold morning like this as well. It's 42 degrees now, feels like 35.

• TRPIV
    TRPIV Posts: 278
    edited November 2011
    Good Morning!

I won't be cooking on the egg until tomorrow. I figured I'd check in here anyway, as I'm eager to see some of the food prepared by my fellow eggers.

48 degrees this morning here in sunny Morgan Hill, CA.

Happy Thanksgiving to one and all.
    Ted
  • Squeezy
    Squeezy Posts: 1,102

Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends .... I spatchcocked a chicken yesterday and today I'm having a Pannebello pizza as our Thanksgiving was done weeks ago ...

Happy cookin' ya all!

Never eat anything passed through a window unless you're a seagull ... BGE Lg.
  • FxLynch
    My bird just hit 165 in the breast, not too far off on the thighs.  I planned to cook up to 3 hours, it's only been 2, so things are smooth here.

Opened a Pumpkin beer and started sipping it...if every morning was like this it wouldn't be a bad change :)
  • Happy Thanksgiving. Picked up a grate last night going to drop a couple filets down low with the spider - first searing attempt. Looking forward to it.
    Minneapolis / St. Paul. Large & Mini
  • Butt is about an hour from being done.  Then its beer time!

Paul
  • FxLynch
    BIrd in the cooler covered with foil and towels, time to head to family Thanksgiving 100 miles away.  

Happy Thanksgiving guys

Frank