Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What did you cook over the weekend?

2»

Comments

• Friday - pizzas.

Saturday - Hosted my girls (twins) 5th birthday party; cooked about 10 sliders and 15 or so full 50/50 burgers; and then for the parents 'after-party' we fired up a bunch of Oktoberfest sausages! 

Then Sunday was a straight forward steak and sweet potato night.

Now Monday...after consulting the scale...it was soup night.

yeah I had to have salad and a chicken breast!
    Coming to you from the Mothership!
  • bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362

Friday night I threw a couple of New York steaks and cubed potatoes with garlic. I hope everyone is sitting...

I'm running low on lump coal (all the stores are stocking snow shovels here in MN) so I got the lump coal started and threw a couple chunks of not sure what kind of wood on. Threw the potatoes on, all was good but it had a lot of smoke and it stunk. The exhaust area was wet. Hmmm, might have been wet wood. I didn't want to throw the steaks on with that smell so I pulled the wood and added more lump. I didn't have enough heat so I fired up the leaf blower and stuffed it in the bottom vent some until the temp came up.

Yes, lesson learned.

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Which lesson learned? Too funny, quite an interesting use of leaf blower.
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • So tell us about Cowlick Chili?
    Got the recipe here on the forum.  Pretty complex with lots of ingrediants, but pretty good stuff!
    TFOUTCH Algood, Tennessee