Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Looking for an "Old Style XL Plate Setter"

Options
empireman
empireman Posts: 19
edited November 2011 in EggHead Forum
New or used - anyone got one or know who does?  Thanks

Comments

• MisterCode
    MisterCode Posts: 69
    edited November 2011
    Options
    What's the difference between "Old" and "New" style XL plate setter? I know I have an old-style fire ring (missing the 3 deep notches). But I suspect my plate setter is the new style (roughly 3" legs).
    XL 2010 w/ Self-made hardwood lump charcoal
  • Little Steven
    Options

I have a new one and a used one. I'm in Canada though so shipping would be a lot.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• empireman
    Options
    Can I call you?  Maybe we can figure something out.  :-)
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    Options

Empireman,

If you called me this week about this...call back i have options for you.

408-394-2471

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• Little Steven
    Options

Sure,

905 301 1131

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• empireman
    Options
    Hey Steve

I called and left you a message, but it turns out the BGE retail in Atlanta had a new - old style in stock so I just ordered it from them.  I just got a NEW XL and it turns out it had OLD STYLE Guts - fire ring / fire box.  Everything else is the latest version - (don't know what's up with that) so I was going a little crazy trying to get all the necessities.

BGE has assured me it was just a mistake and there would be no difference in the cook - so I just went with it and ordered the plate and baking stone direct. I was hoping they would eat the shipping, but no dice.

I didn't want to cause a hoopla over the old guts as the unit was a gift from my company and I didn't' want to embarrass them, but I was really surprised that they just would "change them out" for what should be in the new XL.

Anyway - I already love the darn thing and it's being going every day for every meal since we got it.  I just want to be able to make pizza and bread with it.  
    Thanks for responding to my ad.