Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How would you like the search function to work?

Options
The_Buffalo
The_Buffalo Posts: 459
edited September 2011 in Forum Feedback
Let me know and we can start on that function....
Coming to you from the Mothership!

Comments

• 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Need to at least enable the following:
    1. Search entire post (have now)
    2. Search only title
    3. Search a keyword (now) or phrase (think we have now using quotes)
    4. Search by User
    5. Search by Category or All
    6. Sort by date/relevance
    That would immediately help.  The problem now is it appears to return a result set that matches any word in the entire post.   Most forums have a simple search and and advanced one.  That will help avoid any confusion I think....well, maybe cut down on confusion a bit anyway.  This is just off the top off my head
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • Hillbilly-Hightech
    Options
    +1 for 4Runner's suggestion...

I think that an enhanced Search feature, stopping the spam, and quickly being able to navigate the site, find what one is interested in, post topics & responses, & post photos are the most important aspects of a forum - everything else is just "eye candy"...

Also:  thanks for seeking suggestions & posting statuses & updates as to what is going on!!!!
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee
  • Hillbilly-Hightech
    Options
    P.S.  I just tried to do a simple search on "burger" and I noticed what it does is it lists every single time the word "burger" was used, which means that in my thread about grinding my own burger, it listed that thread OVER, and OVER, and OVER (like 7-8 times). 

Would it be possible to just list a thread once, and maybe highlight the word that is searched in the thread? 

Also, does the Search function work like a logical search, meaning, if I put "burger + grind" will I get ONLY results which have both the word "burger" AND "grind" and likewise, if I put "burger - grind" will I NOT get any results which contain both "burger" and "grind?"

Also, another suggestion which seems to be VERY important is the ability to see if a thread has pictures would help immensely as well!!
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee