Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cooks for this weekend

Options
Mark0525
Mark0525 Posts: 1,235
edited September 2011 in EggHead Forum
I'm trying to think of something different to cook this weekend on the egg.  I've done the pulled pork, ribs and chicken.  What are you guys planning on making this weekend?

Comments

• SuperDave
    Options
    Spatchcock Cornish Game Hens and roasted corn on the cob sounds pretty good about now!
  • Hillbilly-Hightech
    Options
    If I have the time, was gonna see about grinding my own burger.  We have the grinding attachment for the Kitchen Aid Mixer & have never used it. 
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee
  • Mark0525
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Thanks Dave never did those.  Probably couldn't find any around me. Sounds very good though
  • 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    Options
    I was going to brew coffee on mine this weekend.  :))
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • Mark0525
    Options
    I've always wanted to try a brisket but with all the horror stories I'm afraid to waste that much time and money to have it flop
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    For sure I will be doing some pork belly on Saturday, but Sunday depends on what I find in the market.

Maybe some roast apples w. brown sugar and butter, depending on what's in the orchards.

Oh, and Mark0525, you do have to try brisket at least once. Tho' I can't say any I've done have been all that good, they all were eaten pretty quickly. The only advice I can offer is to let them get about 195, and slice thinly.
  • Mark0525
    Options
    What exactly is pork belly besides the belly of a pig.  How is it cooked?  Is it hard to find?  What's it like.  Sorry never really heard anyone cooking it.
  • Mark0525
    Options
    Thanks, I do want to try it just to see.  Most of the cooks come out really well that I'm afraid of failing I guess...lol
  • GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Options
    We are grilling shrimp and assorted vegetables for a pasta salad. Some of the roasted vegetables will go into a Stromboli with some feta, cream cheese, and cheddar - all will cooked on the egg.
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • dunnharr
    Options
    Ribeyes tonight.  Cooked shrimp stuffed with crab (actually crab cake from Fresh Market), and wrapped in bacon, held together with a toothpick, last night.  Placed on a hot griddle and very carefully turned them a time or two to get the bacon browned. Dome temp approx 450.
  • LDD
    LDD Posts: 1,225
    Options
    I'm making bruschetta along with some some smoked chicken quarters.
    context is important :)
  • tommyL
    Options
    Pork Belly is bacon.   But not yet processed to BE bacon.

I"m a stubborn old coot.   I was at a BBQ competition last weekend and got knocked over by this one competitor who gave me a taste of his brisket.
    IT WAS AWESOME !!!
    Take the time to learn to do a brisket.  The recipe's here are good ones!  And cook it slow. yeah,  (drool)

Right now I got a turkey in there.   Smoking up with cherry wood.
    You might ruin a couple briskets when you do your first ones.  But Let me tell you this:  Once you got it down your wife and friends will think you're a genius !!   They will worship the ground you walk on,  You'll be immortalized with your statue in the town square...(ok, maybe that's going to far)

So what if you ruin the first brisket.  ??