Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Forum List vs. Egghead forum

ChokeOnSmoke
ChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,942
edited August 2011 in Forum Feedback
I don't understand the difference between the "Forum List" and the "Egghead forum"?
It seems people are posting equally to both of the "general" areas??
Packerland, Wisconsin

Comments

• This new forum thing sucks. Haven't been on for awhile. I hate this.
  • Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    @Choke,  I think the intend was for the "Forum List" to be a Header of sorts with the different Forums listed underneath, but the "vanilla" software allows people to post new discussions and comments under the "Forum List" as though it were a category.

Same for the "Cookbook".  I have noted on several discussions and comments that this was set up allowing new discussions like "How many racks of RIbs...." to be started under the Cookbook - Pork category.  All I can see is that down the road one will have a heck of a time looking up a recipe in the Cookbook when it's mixed up with other discussions.

The administrators have done a good job addressing some of the other issues, but this one may be an unavoidable glitch in the software....
  • ChrisC
    ChrisC Posts: 107

A good starting point would be dropping this poor excuse of a forum and bringing the old one back.  They are losing folks at a pretty rapid rate...

• thebtls
    thebtls Posts: 2,300
    @chrisc the 'old forum' is still out there as an independent. rules prohibit naming them here but you can find it if you look through the posts or email me.
    Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241