Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Consistency?

Spoon
Spoon Posts: 328
edited August 2011 in Forum Feedback
First off, I am a supporter of the site and want to keep things getting better. I am not annoyed or angry, just confused. This is more for the folks behind the board:

On my Mac Book Pro using Safari I have the toolbar to post, quotes works, smilies do not.

On my iPad2 using Safari I see the toolbar but can't use it, quotes work sometimes, smilies do not.
On my HP computer at work using ie I don't even see the toolbar, quotes don't work, smilies do not.

I am not sure why there is such a great difference in the user experience depending on which computer you are using. I hope we can get each platform working in the same way. Any insight or information on why this is happening would be great.

"Pork so tender you can pull it with a spoon." ~Spoon

Comments

• I also support this sight and agree with you. I have the toolbar at work but not at home. I do most of my post at home. Maybe I can get the my company to by me a laptop for home?

=))
  • Spoon
    At least you get the smilies I just get: :((
  • DrZaius
    DrZaius Posts: 1,481

I see your smiley.
    This is the greatest signature EVAR!
  • Spoon
    edited August 2011

I see your smiley.

I guess it's like bringing your car to the shop for a funny noise....and now it works perfect.

Oh, and the quotes worked this time as well.
  • @spoon  I have 2 Mac (Power book G4 and Mac Book Pro) and Iphone 3G  and I get different views with each.  Safari Version same on both mac, safari version on phone current.  Most of the time I cannot log in.. I get the user name not found  red screen.  I was lucky this time it took my username and password after the second attempt.  
    The inconsistency of this between the three devices is frustrating an  has reduced me to lurking more that logging in.  
    I don't think this was the intent, but for now I will wait till everything calms down and normalcy returns before I even attempt to download pictures.  
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx