Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cooking with the Queen (PICS)

Options
bitslammer
bitslammer Posts: 818
edited August 2011 in EggHead Forum
Silver Queen Corn that is. 
Did 2 with husk and 2 without on the mini. Got a nice char on them then rubbed with lime and sprinkled salt and chile powder.

Gave a couple nice yardbird breasts a shake of Todd's Dirt and threw on the mini. 

Things are going well in the garden here. 

What do you consider essential support gear to Egging? Here's mine. from Left to Right.
My iPod with my grilling playlist. Any adult beverage. My new Samsung Galaxy Tab to keep tabs on all of you crazy Eggers while I'm out cooking. Also my favorite plain 'ole tongs and hat and shades. 

Finally the monster breast is done. Skin crispy and meat juicy and tender. 

Comments

• Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Options
    No pics ....  :(
  • bitslammer
    Options
    yeah...I give up....this new forum sucks

worked for me a day ago.....I'm done with this
  • Buckwoody Egger
    Buckwoody Egger Posts: 674
    edited August 2011
    Options
    looks like they have the menu bar turned back on-- so to insert a picture that is one, there is an icon when posting that asks for a link-- it somehow does not appear to ask for a hard drive location-- that would probably be the "attach a file" like below the text box
    ----
    here's your post minus the last pic:
    ----

{ update--removed copy of original post with images--   original poster corrected original post to show pics }
  • Hillbilly-Hightech
    Options
    just click "attach a File" below the comment box - then you can just go to where you have your pics saved on your hard drive & attach them from there.
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee
  • bitslammer
    Options
    I don't want to attach the full resolution 5MB files and sit here waiting for them to upload for 20 minutes.That's just stupid when I have them uploaded to Flickr and could easily link to them from there at a more friendly resolution. If they can't make it easy to link to photos then  I'll happily move on to some of the other community forums like the BBQ Brethren. I'll miss the fellow eggers here but this crap is getting old. 
  • Hillbilly-Hightech
    Options
    You are correct, it is getting old - they suck at explaining things to folks, and they suck at getting the bugs worked out.

However, it looks like Buckwoody seemed to have helped w/ the pics that are already uploaded to flickr - if that's the option you want to use.
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee
  • bitslammer
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I fixed it, but this is BS. It used to be nice when I could just copy and past the BBCode otr HTML from Flickr. They have made this so tedious now that I doubt I'll even bother. 

Funny thing is I've been in IT for almost 15 years and know what the hell I'm doing. Problem here is they keep moving the goal posts and don't have a clue as to how to make things easy for people. 

Bottom line was the old forum for all of its warts worked and was easy to use. I'm not going to post if it takes me 5x longer now to jump through then hoops for this new format. 
  • Buckwoody Egger
    Buckwoody Egger Posts: 674
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Glad you were able to fix it.  Thanks for sharing a cook and best wishes in regards to whatever (and however many) forum options you choose.