Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

(PICS) Rack of Lamb with Grilled Cipollini Onions

Options
Spoon
Spoon Posts: 328
edited August 2011 in EggHead Forum
This is from a cook a little while back that I never posted.

Frenched rack of lamb al la Trader Joe's. I made a wet rub with all the ingredients in the raws picture. I looked at a couple of recipes, but in the end I just winged it like I usually do.

I seared off the rack at about 500 about three minutes a side and then took it off the fire and brought the temp down to 300-350 and roasted it for another 15-20 min or so. Pulled at 135 and rested.

The onions were just olive oil with salt and pepper. I put them on when the rack when back on at 350. Served with mashed potatoes and it was great. I would do it again.

Last weekend I cooked some veal chops on the egg. I did a flash pickled mushroom demi glace sauce on the stove top. They came out great, but I didn't get any pictures. Lamb and veal are a good change of pace every once in a while.
"Pork so tender you can pull it with a spoon." ~Spoon

Comments