Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Gretl's Fajitas

Options
Nature Boy
Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
'Afternoon!
Looks like we got some friday cookin goin' on. I see gourmet Gfw has his friday ribs a cookin.[p]There was some great ideas the other day about fajitas, but this one caught my eye:[p]Chief,
I use the "thing with the holes" frequently for fajita fixing. Works great. For what it's worth, I cut strips of different color peppers, thick slices of onion, portobello mushrooms (again, thickly sliced) and shrimp and/or chicken. I keep the ingredients separate (at least the vegs separate from the meat), and usually use a quick marinade consisting of crushed garlic, chili powder, olive oil, lime juice, some worcestershire sauce, oregano, and grains of paradise along with salt and pepper. I also give the flour tortillas a few seconds on each side directly on the grill just for fun before filling them. Plenty of fresh cilantro and salsa; some shredded jalapeno cheese, sour cream if you're just this side of heaven. Heck, I'm hungry now and it's only 10:30 a.m.!
Cheers,
Gretl [p]Had an email chat with Gretl earlier, and looks like thats what we be havin for dinner. Gonna be doin just about the same thing, but I might have to throw in some of the new spices I just got from Penzeys![p]have a great weekend.
NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ

Comments