Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

replacement gaskett

leeflash
leeflash Posts: 66
edited August 2011 in EggHead Forum
burn out on gaskett,where do I find a replacement?

Comments

• coHoser
    coHoser Posts: 12
    I just bought one off amazon - nomex with self adhesive- along with the new stainless bottom grate... the grate is in and will get a fire test later today, the nomex will have to wait a few days before I install...
  • That's a loaded question. Are you wanting to go back with a factory felt? If so your dealer should have some. If not, there are several other options that will last longer. I chose to put a Rutland on mine.
  • leeflash
    where do I find therutland ?
  • where do I find therutland ?
    Leeflash - not sure if this forum allows folks to post links (hopefully that'll get sorted out soon) - but anyway, if you type into Google "Rutland Gasket" you'll see that the Naked Whiz has a VERY informative post on the subject. Other links show where you can buy the gaskets.

The whole gasket thing has caused a lot of different solutions. Some folks don't even use a gasket, others replace with the new "high temp" gasket, others replace with Permatex Ultra Copper (either in combination with a gasket, or they just use the Permatex by itself). I'm sure there are other solutions as well.

So, it's really up to you as to your "handiness," your budget, your time, etc what you wanna do.

For me, once I get around to it, I think I'm gonna just use the Permatex by itself (but that chore ranks below re-caulking both bathrooms, and installing a new toilet) - so it won't be happening any time soon :-)
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee
  • leeflash
    thanks hillbilly.
  • leeflash, if you visit my "Information Central" webpage and go to the gasket section, you will find pages about doing a couple of different types of replacement gaskets, and you will find some web pages about the health and safety information related to these materials. Good luck!
    The Naked Whiz
  • FrankC
    FrankC Posts: 416
    leeflash, I just made two new gaskets using this method...
    http://www.greeneggers.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=1124006&catid=1#

Best gasket I've tried yet!

fc
  • I really like the high-que gasket.

Http://www.high-que.com/
  • It's already been said but I went the TNW's site and researched all the different options there. The Rutland 7' kit isn't big enough for the XL. I could have gotten 2 kits and had 2 seams but instead I ordered a bulk roll from ace hardware oulet website. Everyone has said that RRP has the kits and is very easy to deal with.

• RRP buys bulk and can provide the necessary length for any cooker.
    The Naked Whiz