Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tenderloin recipe suggestions?

Options
jld
jld Posts: 63
edited August 2011 in Pork
I'm slammed today and have to make a tenderloin for 6 people tonight. Any suggestions on good recipes? Would love to serve with an optional fruit compote, as one of us doesn't eat fruit due to a dietary restriction.

Summer fruit is looking good! Any thoughts? Thanks for your suggestions!

Comments

• Rolling Egg
    Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Options
    Pork tenderloin I'm assuming? The main thing is to make sure you pull it at no more than 138 or so internal. Get a good sear direct on all sides, close to the coals at around 350 or 400. Then raise it up off the fire with a raised grid or calm the fire way down somehow, and let it coast on up to 138. You basicly want to get a good sear and then finish cooking it without burning the outside. If you let it go past 140 internal the drying out process starts .Good luck!
  • Rolling Egg
    Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Options
    Also, once it hits 138 and you take it off, wrap it in foil for a 15min rest before serving. I serve mine sliced into medallions with hot yeast rolls. Makes very good mini sandwiches.
  • Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Options
    @jld. Have you looked through the recipes in the Cookbook, under the Pork category?
    There are several pork tenderloin recipes there.
  • lkgmadmax
    lkgmadmax Posts: 21
    edited August 2011
    Options

London Broil or Porkloin Marinade

1 C. Soy Sauce
    1/4 C. Honey
    1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
    4 TBS Brown Sugar
    3 Cloves Garlic
    1 TBS Sesame Oil
    1 TBS vinegar
    Crush garlic. Mix all ingredients in blender. Blend 2 to 3
    minutes. Place London  broil in large pan
    and add ingredients from blender. Refrigerate and marinate overnight or 4 to 6
    hours at least. For best results,  grill
    to desired doneness.  You can take the left over marinade and bring it to a boil, remove from hear whisk in a little butter and that makes a nice sauce to serve over it.

• yumdinger
    yumdinger Posts: 255
    Options
    Great tips from all I put some of them to the test tonight and Egged up a couple of fantastic Tenderloins.  I rubbed Holland Grills Carolina seasoning on them, seared 4 sides on a raised grill (using the green feet as suggested in another forum), Sprayed with apple juice a few times, then shut the egg down until it hit 138 repeating the apple juice spray... Moist and tasty. Prety quick cook too, took about 20 minutes on grill