Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Question for BGE corp......

Italometto
Italometto Posts: 1
edited August 2011 in EggHead Forum
Please explain to me why you ruined this forum and made it unusable.....

Comments

• vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Did you know this was still up?
    http://www.greeneggers.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&Itemid=112&func=showcat&catid=1

So there are 2 forums now...be patient...it will all work out in the end...
  • Is that one getting shut down or it just won't be the "official" board?
  • The Original Forum is going to continue for now. Who knows what the future may hold for either forum.
    The Naked Whiz
  • drbbq
    drbbq Posts: 1,152
    Am I the only one who is getting a little bit comfortable here? I know it's more fun to beat up on the company and to some people any change is hard but we're probably going to be happy here.
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • It'll take some getting used to but it seems to move faster than other forum.
  • Am I the only one who is getting a little bit comfortable here? I know it's more fun to beat up on the company and to some people any change is hard but we're probably going to be happy here.
    Don't you work for BGE? If so...

• drbbq
    I'm a subcontractor, I don't think that's a secret. But they don't tell me what to say and they don't tell me if I like something or not.
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    I like both...I hope this forum survives...it is faster and easier to post pics...I too am getting comfortable with this forum...
  • thebtls
    thebtls Posts: 2,300
    Yes drbbq you are in the minority. And as far as I am concerned your post should be removed as a subcontractor based on the rules I read not allowing references to business or personal or other things not all BGE.

THIS IS NO FORUM LIKE THE OLD FORUM, HANDS DOWN MORE UNFRIENDLY, SMELLS CORPORATE, IS CORPORATE (e.g. just like my trying to communicate with the office for permission to use some things in my pending cookbook that for six months now have gone unresponded, so now I'm rewriting instead, that's corporate)

I'M PRAYING THE DONATIONS CONTINUE TO THE OLD FORUM SO IT WILL SURVIVE.
    Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241
  • thebtls
    Picture speed is a factor of the owners PC set up and DSL connection and software. I do NOT prefer the picture setup, I like larger pictures, pictures that can be placed where I want then in the text, et al.
    Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241
  • Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    edited August 2011
    There are goods and bads with each forum and room for both! In the words of Rodney King "can't we all just get along"?
  • Tony, you can post photos directly if they are hosted somewhere. SOrt of like on the Original Forum. If the photo is out on the web (photobucket, website, etc.) you can include in your post the normal html tag for including a photo on a webpage:

The Naked Whiz
  • The haven't included yet as far as I know any information about what html tags are allowed or not.
    The Naked Whiz
  • I am split on the forum, I do like the new forum to a certain degree, however sometimes you have to go like 8 pages back to see new things if they haven't been commented on I do not like that make the page have more results on one page. I do like the fact that if it is a popular topic it is up front but sometiems I just want to see the new things. So I sort of like the old one better there. But I like being able to load and post pictures directly from my computer. I like not having to go all round about to do it. The only real negative on this forum is the fact that all of the old heads are gone. I am a new egg member but I like seeing what most of the old heads say about things the ones that have been around and done everything. The old forum seems to have more food recipes and things. So for now I am split on the forums. I guess as long as they are around I will just keep on browsing both.
  • DrugCoder
    DrugCoder Posts: 219
    I really hate how you have to choose what forum you want to post a new "discussion" under. If I'm browsing through the Egghead Forum, then I want to post it under that.
  • DrugCoder, if you are in a forum and click on the "Start a new discussion" button, the page that you go to to write you post should already have the forum that you are in selected in the drop down category. I just went to the Christmas forum, clicked on the new top button and sure enough, the page that popped up was all prep'd to post to the Christmas forum.
    The Naked Whiz
  • dbacker
    dbacker Posts: 10
    I like this one much better than the old one. Easy to post pics and much faster.
  • thebtls
    Thanks tnw. I'll try that on my next recipe.
  • At least for now, Tony, be sure you resize the photo to an appropriate size or else the whole huge photo will show up. Maybe I should test that.....

The Naked Whiz
  • At least for now, Tony, be sure you resize the photo to an appropriate size or else the whole huge photo will show up. Maybe I should test that.....

Oh I see. When you first post it, it is huge and ruins the page. If you leave and come back, then it is resized.
    The Naked Whiz
  • thebtls
    Looks like resizing is the best option so you don't have to refresh maybe? I'm just about to try it...
  • Salty Hogs BBQ
    Salty Hogs BBQ Posts: 171
    edited August 2011
    Am I the only one who is getting a little bit comfortable here? I know it's more fun to beat up on the company and to some people any change is hard but we're probably going to be happy here.
    I think you are in the silent majority who likes this format better. Of course the old people clique on the other forum will not say so. They are hell bent on destroying and causing trouble because they have no lives.

If they are so happy with the other forum, they wouldn't come here. They would stay in their own playground. But they want to cause trouble because they live boring lives. Really sad and pathetic.

• drbbq
    I think you are in the silent majority who likes this format better. Of course the old people clique on the other forum will not say so. They are hell bent on destroying and causing trouble because they have no lives.

If they are so happy with the other forum, they wouldn't come here. They would stay in their own playground. But they want to cause trouble because they live boring lives. Really sad and pathetic.

Hey I like the old format too but sometimes things change and you have to roll with it. I've sort of built a career like that.

Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • Yes drbbq you are in the minority. And as far as I am concerned your post should be removed as a subcontractor based on the rules I read not allowing references to business or personal or other things not all BGE.

THIS IS NO FORUM LIKE THE OLD FORUM, HANDS DOWN MORE UNFRIENDLY, SMELLS CORPORATE, IS CORPORATE (e.g. just like my trying to communicate with the office for permission to use some things in my pending cookbook that for six months now have gone unresponded, so now I'm rewriting instead, that's corporate)

I'M PRAYING THE DONATIONS CONTINUE TO THE OLD FORUM SO IT WILL SURVIVE.
    Minority? Based on the unscientific poll in your own mind? It's been what... a week? Relax, write some posts... calm down... and jeez stop with the damn caps...

I'm with the good Dr... it will work itself out, and things will get better.
  • Feeding Frenzy
    Feeding Frenzy Posts: 87
    edited August 2011
    It's all a mess! Can't tell who is talking to who, or what is a quote! Dr BBQ, you almost got a nasty-gram from me! But it wasn't you who said it at all! This is messed up. Sorry all...trying to follow, but this format is the PITS!
  • Dnorman
    Dnorman Posts: 117
    It is evolution, you evolve or you become outdated and die.
  • coHoser
    coHoser Posts: 12
    As a software engineer (with a bs and ms in this crap), who has ( for > 30 years) and still does the full software development life cycle from user front ends (I kind of like the new forum style, but was happy with the old) to very large server backends and databases - I'd like to humbly suggest you do a data migration of all the old forums - EVERYTHING - and/or put one or the other out of it's misery... or make posts in either apply to both.

Having your user base split and wanking about this or that doesn't serve your interests or theirs well.. just my 2 cents.. coHoser