Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

O Juju, Who Art Thou?

Egg Juju
Egg Juju Posts: 658
edited August 2011 in EggHead Forum
The question has been asked... Is Juju a BGE employee?

Really? That's the question?

Let me tell you of my Odyssey.

It all began while trying to find a smithy, or if not smithies per se, one otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts to free us from the bonds of metal offset smokers. We were in search of a treasure-- a versatile cooker that is also easy to use. An old blind man told us of our futures. He said we would find a treasure though it would not be the treasure that we seek. He told us to travel the long and perilous road and to fear not the obstacles in our path. We pressed on.

Early promise came when we found a man that owned a horse farm, a forge, and some shoeing impedimenta. He showed us the UDS he had made. The horse he cooked was tasty despite the fact it had started to turn. Perhaps that was because all we had eaten for many years was restaurant Q and some campfire grilled gopher. When he turned us in for a shiny new competition offset we had to r-u-n-n-o-f-t.

Next came a fellow that promised boiled ribs were the way to go. He dropped them in the water just like they were baptized. Delmar was happy with this option. He said all the flavor had been washed away, but at least they were fall off the bone. I, like the state of Mississippi, was a little more hard-nosed on the subject.

Sirens in many forms tried to lead us a stray. We were almost loved up once. The Cyclops was interesting-- appearing to be a friend, but actually we would find he was not. He was endowed with the gift of gab and promised his bullet style smoker would make abundant barbecue. After enjoying a conversational hiatus during gustation, as engaging in both would have been coarse and vulgar, the advanced tutorial made it obvious that it was all about the money.

The real break came, although we didn't realize it at the time, when we came across a camo.. kam... komo... a ceramic cooker. It produced a variety of grilled items and barbecue so tasty that a feller gave us ten dollar 'piece to put some in his can.

In the end those that would lead us astray were ran out of town on a rail. Who ever heard of such a thing... using a forum as a missile. Their true intentions laid bare by their own words. Pappy O'Daniels even made us his brain trust.

That is the end of my hopefully humorous answer to a humorous question.

The short answer.. in the words of Ulysses Everett McGill... I am unaffiliated. I am however pleased that the company is, also in Everett's words, no longer clinging to ridiculous superstitions.
Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com

Comments