Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Keep Posting Here... They are working on your requests

Options
Egg Juju
Egg Juju Posts: 658
edited August 2011 in EggHead Forum
I kept seeing the subject of another post get bumped back to the top in an effort to communicate things that needed to be addressed.  I thought maybe a more positive topic was in order.  

I am proposing that we use this thread to post things we would like to see changed or note issues we have discovered.  Hope you all agree.

Keep Egging
Juju

P.S.  I will be only posting here as long as it is up and running.
Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com

Comments

• The_Buffalo
    Options
    thank you Juju
    Coming to you from the Mothership!
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,466
    Options
    Yes, thank you Egg Juju.  I'm about ready to T-Rex some steaks to go with all the whine...  :p

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Rolling Egg
    Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Options
    My log in works now! Ha! One step toward the right way!
  • GeekGod
    GeekGod Posts: 52
    Options
    Why is BGE pursuing Vanilla when its subpar compared to other established forums out there such as:

Simple machines
    vBulletin

....  and at least 5 others.

• Rolling Egg
    Options
    I wish once you have come to the page and have clicked on one of the forum list, the main header would go away leaving just the post at the top. Or maybe a tiny logo so you don't have to scroll down every time. Pretty annoying on a laptop.
  • Egg Juju
    Options
    Yes, thank you Egg Juju.  I'm about ready to T-Rex some steaks to go with all the whine...  :p
    LOL... whew... I can hardly stand it!  Thanks Botch I needed that!  Too funny and I laughed out loud at my desk.
  • Egg Juju
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Sorry... Double post
  • Egg Juju
    Options
    I just noticed that there is now a Who's online section... progress.
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Options
    Yup, good to see progress being made!
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    i would like to see a signature also. i seen someone mention it earlier.

i also got to try posting again ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Rolling Egg
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I would like to see post count equal BGE bucks to be spent in store? Web traffic you would get! ;-)
  • Rolling Egg
    Options
    My count is off by 100 bucks by the way! :-"
  • Feeding Frenzy
    Options
    Is Egg Ju Ju a BGE employee? Seems to be pushing this place pretty hard. I will keep checking back, but, WOW...this is pretty bad! Sad actually.
  • The Naked Whiz
    Options
    Clearly not. As you can see, Egg Ju Ju knows how to communicate.....
    The Naked Whiz
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options
    Well, it clearly is going to take a lot of patience with this forum, but who knows, maybe it will work out.......................eventually.

John in Oregon

:/
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • Pjoe
    Pjoe Posts: 224
    Options
    Change is never easy for us is it?

Bill
    LBGE AR SMALL BGE WOO RING
  • The Naked Whiz
    Options
    I really don't think it is just a matter of change. There have always been many many people who have asked for the BGE forum to use "better" or "more up to date" software. But from what I can tell, even those people dislike this new forum because such a lame software platform was chosen. Then you add to that the lamentable way in which the change was made (no input from the users, no real notice of what was coming, no testing of the new forum) and this has left an extremely bad taste in a lot of mouths. Nope, it ain't just change.....
    The Naked Whiz
  • MCR
    MCR Posts: 270
    edited August 2011
    Options
    @ Naked Whiz
    I really don't think it is just a matter of change. There have always been many many people who have asked for the BGE forum to use "better" or "more up to date" software. But from what I can tell, even those people dislike this new forum because such a lame software platform was chosen. Then you add to that the lamentable way in which the change was made (no input from the users, no real notice of what was coming, no testing of the new forum) and this has left an extremely bad taste in a lot of mouths. Nope, it ain't just change.....

+1 for No input, no notice, no testing, no support
    Marc
  • RGBHV
    RGBHV Posts: 1,318
    Options
    Just checking things out.

This place feels foreign - does it come with a Bescherelle?

I find posts very random - whereas the classic view of the forum is much more structured.

A test pic - just for fun.

Michael
  • The Naked Whiz
    Options
    Maybe that's the reason. Today's youth just can't deal with structure. :-))
    The Naked Whiz
  • BayouMark
    BayouMark Posts: 284
    Options
    I have very much enjoyed the forum. Been lurking these past few months. Always go discussions and answers to BGE questions. I started getting a bad feeling after I asked for help when my computer crashed and I lost all my information to sign on. Never heard from anybody. Then I was having a problem with my avatar and again I asked for help and again....no answer. Now this. If BGE is so customer friendly why do they permit this to continue? Thanks everyone, I'm thru with it.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    @BayouMark - other than sign on issues, for the most part, the help you got was from the forum members.

@RGBHV - the vanilla platform is only linear, and here the classic view will no longer be. It won't take long before the old feel will be gone. Give it 6 or less months and this won't be much different than the webber forum or other forums. But who knows, I may be wrong. A little more look'n around then back to the other side.

GG
  • Peter Creasey
    Peter Creasey Posts: 253
    edited August 2011
    Options
    find it a useful meeting place for the EGGhead family.
    E, The index MUST NECESSARILY show who posts the original (parent) message.

[EDITED TO ADD] Why is my signature no longer added automatically?

. . . . . . . Pete
  • RGBHV
    RGBHV Posts: 1,318
    Options
    I like looking at the classic view of the original forum - being able to see all common posts grouped together in a logical format AND being able to see everyone that has responded.

I also like being able to see the camera icon - I'm glad to hear that the company forum is looking into this.

I would say that if vanilla can't group common posts, then I won't be around for very long. It's too much work jumping back and forth. I already have a job, I'm not looking for extra work.

Dear BGE - KISS - keep it simple stupid!
    If it's easy to work with - people will work with it.
    If it isn't, people will leave.

Michael
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options
    Michael,

Your comments is the issues that is causing all the stir. The camera and link indicators ended up being more of an issue than I thought they would have been. For now it looks like people are supposed to put 'PICT' in the subject line to indicate there are pictures in the post.

Evidently this site doesn't have the ability to present anything like the classic view. I have to agree with you, the linear view is too much work to keep up with any given topic.

Kent
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I am reminded of a few years ago when I hung out in the phpbb forum for a while. They probably got more requests to add a threaded view than anything else, and they just kept replying, you don't need it, you don't want it. To which I wonder, then why do so many people ask for it. I have to think with all the time they are spending fixing nits on this forum right now, they must be committed to it for some reason.
    The Naked Whiz
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options
    If classic view is not possible with vanilla, and unless the old posts could not be ported over here, I would think it would be better to go to some other platform.

It was posted that possibly the folks at vanilla helped with the conversion, maybe it is a resource/knowledge or lack thereof issue.

With all the bumps this side has had, I find it interesting, BGE hasn't opened up more than they with communication to the members.

I would think with your company you well know upper management issues like this. I was in sales & sales management back when the PC was first announced and man it was tough dealing with the company people. It took me a long time to somewhat understand why, the culture and the mindset.
  • Edemitch
    Edemitch Posts: 196
    edited August 2011
    Options
    GG, that's actually how I use flat view on the original forum. I open the ones that have been updated or are new in a new, separate, tab and in flat view they are all open you just need to scroll down to read through the comments. No further clicking required

Ed