Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cooked to Much food. PICS

Options
Longrifle
Longrifle Posts: 130
edited August 2011 in EggHead Forum
Lesson learned did not have breakfast or lunch today because work was crazy. What did I learn? Don't plan a menu a menu when you are hungry. :evil: Cooked way to much food and with what my Mother-in-law brought over we had enough for a small army. ;) Had a Spatchcock chicken, Mac and Cheese, grilled tomatos, grilled onions, potatos, on the BGE. My lovely Mother-In-Law brought over deviled eggs, cherry pie and icecream. Enjoy the pictures and thanks for looking.

Comments

• Longrifle
    Options
    Wow four trys to get the pics loaded. Hope you enjoy the photos.
  • Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    edited August 2011
    Options
    YUM !  Looks like you will have LOTS of good leftovers!!!

Clark
    Madison, MS

Supposed to be: "Misippi Egger", but can't seem to get it changed!
  • EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    Options
    Looks great! Thanks for sharing.
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • The_Buffalo
    Options
    Had a Spatchcock chicken, Mac and Cheese, grilled tomatos, grilled onions, potatos, on the BGE. My lovely Mother-In-Law brought over deviled eggs, cherry pie and icecream. Enjoy the pictures and thanks for looking.

The grilled tomatos look great!
    Coming to you from the Mothership!
  • Dimple's Mom
    Dimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    Options
    Looks delish.  I just can't figure out why you think that's too much food!  ;)
  • Gandy Dancer
    Options

longrifle

The grilled tomatos do really look good, and I love grilled onions wapprd with a slice of bacon salt and pepper with a tad of real butter.

• Egg Juju
    Egg Juju Posts: 658
    Options
    I thought I replied to this yesterday, perhaps I didn't.  I routinely do about 6 things at once.  :)  Everything looked delicious... Since my garden is producing prodigious amounts of tomatoes I must give them a try.  They look delicious!
    Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com
  • Longrifle
    Options
    I thought I replied to this yesterday, perhaps I didn't.  I routinely do about 6 things at once.  :)  Everything looked delicious... Since my garden is producing prodigious amounts of tomatoes I must give them a try.  They look delicious!

They are easy. I just put kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper on them. then put them on direct grid at about 450 for a couple of min. then turned them for grill marks for a couple more min, As soon as they were off the grill I pust fresh ground parmesan cheese right on and melted in=GOOD EATS :-D
  • Woodbutcher
    Woodbutcher Posts: 1,017
    Options
    Nice. I was trying to figure out something different to do with tomatoes. ;-)