Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OK, I've decided!

egret
egret Posts: 4,168
edited August 2011 in Forum List
I hate it!!! Can't find some of my posts from last night, can't respond to an individual post, no signature function, the smiley face thingies don't work, I never know which forum is going to show up when I come to the site, the list goes on and on. Did I say I hate it? Hate it, hate it, hate it........
Please put it back like it was!!! This just ain't gonna work..........

Comments

• SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,500

Morning John:

I agree with you 100%...doubt if I post or even look at the forum much in the future...just not fun anymore with this MESS!

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• Frank from Houma
    Frank from Houma Posts: 5,755
    edited August 2011
    I can log on from iPhone but not work or home puter - poopoo

I'll check back in a few days to see if bugs are being worked out.

Shame - not being ugly, but I think sales will be affected.

Thanks to the folks that maintained the former forum.
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Try using the url:  http://biggreenegg.vanillaforums.com - it allowed me to use logon via my ipad and firefox at home.
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,668
    i hate it too. wonder if anyone gave any thought to egg sales this time of year, the forum wont help the way it is, this change should maybe have happened gradually in the winter i would think
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • @FrankfromHouma : 

Waiting for my Handle to get changed to WPB... as one of the folks who maintained the former forum, you are most welcome.
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167

Well, like it or hate it, it is probably here to stay. So far my main problem is, in the last two days I have sent four e-mails to the promotions@biggreenegg.com address asking for some help; absolutely no response so far. Doesn't exactly raise the bar very high for customer service

John in Oregon 

John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • Eggsakley
    Eggsakley Posts: 1,019
    Don't thing I'll be stopping by much if the new format remains. Seems a shame to destroy something that had been so much to so many for so long. Oh well, I guess this is progress is some persons eyes.
  • John,
    I'm with you .......hate, hate, hate.
    I think I'm just going to just sign off while I still have a lick of sanity left.
    WHAT A MESS. Nothing like the new guys coming in to "fix" that which doesn't need fixin'. Sure hope BGE management didn't pay to have this done. If they did, I'm concerned for what the future holds.
    Rich
  • pci
    pci Posts: 249

Don't like any of it will be spending more time @ BBQ Brethren

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    how do I get back to the old forum!
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Florida Grillin Girl said it best "The warm and fuzzy feeling is gone". The forum used to be fun, now its a chore.
  • HungryMan
    HungryMan Posts: 3,470
    Wayne.  If you ever see this.  Thank you for the past work.
  • PhilsGrill
    PhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Looks like I will be recommending Primo Grills since their forum is now superior.
  • I totally agree with the other posters, but know it won't do me a damn bit of good to cry about it.  I hate this format.  May as well be on facebook.
  • fishlessman
    if this is what facebook looks like, yikes.  my sister went to facebook and doesnt aswer the phone any more, told everyone you could only reach her there hahahaha. hey sis, you out there
    fukahwee maine

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    This is bad.
    Wayne did they take it away from you?
    Can you take it back?
    Can we do anything?
    I don't want to even grill.
    I can only use my iPhone.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    edited August 2011

Come on John, everybody hates it right now but maybe in a couple of years they will have worked the kinks out and it will once again appeal to us olde pharts.

Like all things new, it ain't comfortable.  I just wish they had kept the old Forum up and running while they worked the kinks out of this one.  Apparently, they decided not to do that and don't plan to go back no matter how bad it is. 

Let's just cool it (cool would be a wonderful thing here in Texas) and see what happens.  If we don't like it I'm sure someone among us will set up a comfortable site to switch to.

Oh lookie, it's already 5:00 here at the Chicken Ranch.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y279/leroymcmillin/5OClockClock.jpg

Spring "Rum Is Made To Cool Us Down" Chicken

Spring Texas USA

• fishlessman
    rums a good idea, so is some applepie moonshine. would it be a good idea to drink heavily then post whats really on our minds hahahaha  theres a reason i dont post at night :)
    fukahwee maine

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    agree with most of the posts,, maybe I'll check in once a week or so but still not sure why because unless I want to lookup an old recipe it's useless. If you need me send a email because I'll never find something directed toward me here. I'm going over to Bobby's and maybe check out some of the other forums that I never cared for in the past. I think they may be a little more appealing now.
  • @hungryman You're most welcome... it's a sad day for WMK and myself... especially considering that the concept of the Eggfest, the Plate Setter, and a forum for BGE were all fruits from the fertile mind of Bill Miller.  Thank you Bill, and RIP.