Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My weekends cooks

cookn biker
cookn biker Posts: 13,407
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Saturday's purchase at the Old Colorado's Farmer Market.
My first purchase of goat cheese. LOVE it!! My first golden beet....mmmmmmm yummy!!

Weekendcooks009.jpg

Look how beautiful it is.

Weekendcooks041.jpg

Weekendcooks042.jpg

Leek, onion, and new red tater soup. Along with shrimp, and a tuna steak. Seafood seasoned with rice wine vinagar and seasame oil.

Weekendcooks011.jpg
[img][/img]Weekendcooks013.jpg

Added spinich.

Weekendcooks016.jpg

Weekendcooks018.jpg
Weekendcooks021.jpg

Both served with Canadian crack.

Weekendcooks029.jpg

Weekendcooks030.jpg

Dessert. Local apricots, 3 olive olive oil, from Manitou Springs store called the Olive Tap. Dusted with pineapple head. In cast iron, topped with some granola.
Then crumbled some of that herbs de provence goat cheese.

Weekendcooks019.jpg

Weekendcooks026.jpg

Weekendcooks027.jpg

Super supper! :laugh:

Today, a twist on Adam's Pheasant Neuburg. I had a cornish hen and 2 chick thighs for the meat in the Nueburg.

Weekendcooks032.jpg

Weekendcooks035.jpg

Weekendcooks038.jpg

Weekendcooks039.jpg

Weekendcooks040.jpg

So delicious!! The finished pic over a hashbrown patty is blurry.

Weekendcooks050.jpg

This was a great way to shed off the stays at the hospital. Very humbling to watch my Father and my Step Mother with another, while going through the dying process. I hope to find love like that.
Molly
Colorado Springs
"Loney Queen"
"Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Molly - the food looks great - thanks for sharing! Then got to the end and read the sadness. Sorry, I know the feeling. May you find the strength you need. Ron
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Looks Great Molly.Hang in there.
  • Austin Smoker
    Austin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    Molly, sorry your family is dealing with the loss of a loved one.....peace and prayers to you all.

Your cook looks incredible!
  • cookn biker
    Thanks Ron. Dad will get some of the food.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • cookn biker
    Hoss, thanks! Doris is so thrilled that the kids are coming together in ways that haven't been for years.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Thanks Brad. Good grub for sure, kept my mind busy.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • deepsouth
    deepsouth Posts: 1,796
    not up on what's going on, but best wishes. the food looks divine.
  • The food looks great, Molly. I feel for you and your family.
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Fluffyb
    Fluffyb Posts: 1,815
    You done good girl! LOVE, LOVE golden beets.

So sorry to hear of your sadness with your dad & step mom. My parents were married 64 years before he passed. Read his letters from the Korean war to my mom with her, they were so sweet. It is sad when the body takes awhile after the mind has gone. My thoughts and prayers are with you. BTW, my mom has made a remarkable recovery, she is going home in 10 days. My best to you.
  • cookn biker
    Thanks Faith. You really have to make this nueburg, it's rich and delish!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Terrific new Teresa! My Dad is an angel, hell, so is my Step Mother. In thier mid 80's and driving meals on wheels to folks that need them. Givers for sure.
    Letters are a lost art.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Thanks Jason. Tasty too!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Great looking cooks Molly with a lot of innovation, I am truly sorry for your families loss, take it from me, no matter how much you know it is coming, you are never ready when it finally happens. :(
  • fire egger
    fire egger Posts: 1,124
    Good Looking cooks Molly, I am sorry for your Stepmother, and your sorrow, This is not the good part of life, but you got more good parts comming!!
  • cookn biker
    Thanks Frank. The Doc's won't initiate chemo because of her age. We'll just ride this out as a family.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Like the Denver fest Kendall! Wish you were coming.
    Thanks a bunch!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • misfit
    misfit Posts: 358
    Molly, that all looks so good, you can feed me anytime... You are in my thoughts and prayers. :)
  • cookn biker
    Thanks Ed.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • misfit
    misfit Posts: 358
    And if you do find a Love like that, can you pass along the road map?
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Thank you for sharing your cooks. My thoughts are with you as you go through this difficult time. Both my father and step-father lost their battles with cancer......

My step-father loved grilling and I think of him every time I light the egg.

I do have the mention the Canadian crack??! :pinch:
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • cookn biker
    bwaaahaaaaa B)
    Thanks for your understanding.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Rezen73
    Rezen73 Posts: 356
    The food looks incredible!

And I hope nothing but the best for you and your family during this difficult time. You're in my thoughts & prayers.
  • cookn biker
    Thanks on both, I appreciate it.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Wow Molly, you've been busy! The goodies from the farmers market look yummy......just like everything else you fixed. :)

Molly, so sorry to hear about your father. :(
  • Bear 007
    Bear 007 Posts: 382
    Great looking cooks, the soup sounds fantastic, never heard of golden beets. Canadian crack ?
    Keep your chin up.
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Prayers for you and your family. What a wonderful weekend cook. Looks very good and sure , for you it was a time for reflection, inner peace and just a good wind down. Hang in there girl
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244

Will the real cookn biker please stand up! You cooked all that and I don't see one pepper? There's hope for you yet. I thought the Neuburg could have use a few button mushrooms myself. :woohoo: :laugh:

Just joking, it all looks so good!

You know my prays are yours my friend,

Blair

• NibbleMeThis
    NibbleMeThis Posts: 2,295
    Wow, Molly, you cooked up a storm! It all looks great.

I don't get goats cheese much but we do have a sheep farm nearby that has the most amazing cheese I've ever tasted.
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • cookn biker
    This is the only recipe that I will use mushrooms in, AND eat them. AMAZING for me!! Ask my Mom. A can of cream of mushroom soup and a squat can of chunky diced portabellas.
    It's incredable!
    Thanks Adam!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Thanks Rebecca.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"