Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Ribs

Options
MasterMason
MasterMason Posts: 243
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I got 2 racks of Beef ribs on Sale at the local market. Any suggestions on the best way to cook them?

Comments

• Jethro
    Jethro Posts: 495
    Options
    MasterMason,[p]Just a general comment cook em low n slow like pork ribs, only a little longer.[p]Sorry I can't remember more than that, it's been a long time.[p]Keep em Smokin,
    Jethro

• sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Options
    MasterMason,[p]Cook them just like pork ribs. I prefer beef ribs to pork ribs actually. Indirect about 250 or so, probably about 5 hours should do it. I sauce mine about the last hour of the cook to get a good glaze of sauce on them. I use my pork rib rub on them and it does just fine.[p]Troy
  • MasterMason,
    Out here in the west we love our beef ribs. If you have the big egg first thing I'd do is get 4 more racks of Beef ribs! Then coat them with your favorite rub. Let them sit overnight, though I've had them sit for days and they're still fine.
    Then I use oak or hickory chips, smoke them at around 220 indirect for up to 7 hours. Best, most tender ribs you'll ever have.[p]Here's a tip I do when they're done. I cut my beef ribs on the side of every other bone, that will yeld 4 ribs to a rack, but they're thick and meaty. Far better then cutting them down the middle.