Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Does Brisket freeze as well as Pulled Pork?

crmilt
crmilt Posts: 115
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My son and his roommates at college (University of Denver) love my Pulled Pork. I freeze it in quart bags. They thaw and reheat.

Does brisket freeze as well as pulled pork? I want to get something different for him to take back to school next week.

Also, is there a way to ship frozen BBQ? Dallas to Denver.

Maybe I should simply do a BBQ exchange with an Egger in the Denver area.
__________ Chris

Comments

• Brokersmoker
    Brokersmoker Posts: 646
    I've always had good luck with brisket left overs in the freezer.
  • asianflava
    asianflava Posts: 313
    I put my brisket or pulled pork into quart bags and suck them down with the foodsaver. They freeze pretty good. Can't say for shure with regular bags though.

There has to be a way to ship it because there are places that sell BBQ online. Probably frozen, packed in a styrofoam box and shipped overnight.

I'm just North of Denver and I'm doing a brisket this weekend. Unfortunately, we are going even further North camping.
  • Slick
    Slick Posts: 382
    I vacuum sealed 1/2 of an unsliced brisket and heated two months later in boiling water. Tasted as good as the day I cooked it!
  • crmilt
    crmilt Posts: 115
    Thanks to each of you for the comments. I will try the brisket and see how it works. I can't imagine college boys complaining!
    __________ Chris