Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Happy Woosday

Options
Boilermaker Ben
Boilermaker Ben Posts: 1,956
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
After two weeks in the Rockies, we pulled into the driveway late Sunday evening...finally home. So far, I've only downloaded the nearly 1,500 pictures I took, and haven't done any editing, but here are a few unedited ones. More to come much later.

Glacier National Park
IMG_7783.jpg

IMG_7719.jpg

IMG_7967.jpg

And Grand Teton National Park
IMG_8903.jpg

I see I didn't upload any pics from Yellowstone, but I'll remedy that eventually.

IMG_7863.jpg

Comments

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    :woohoo: Wow! Very nice pictures. My parents left Sunday for Wyoming and they are going to Glacier Natl Park. Now I wish they would have taken me along. Looks beautiful. And the girl eating smores looks adorable.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Boilermaker Ben
    Options
    Yep, you should have gone with them. This was my first trip to the Rockies, and definitely will not be my last.

Your parents should be glad they didn't go to Glacier earlier. When we left there a week ago, they still hadn't opened the highest portion of the Going to the Sun Road. They thought they would have it open by the middle of last week...the latest the road has ever opened.
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    Ben,

Great family trip, man. Glacier is an incredible park and I can't wait to get the family out there sometime. Was that lake McDonald?

Here's some more from our 4th of jUly trip up the Gunflint trail.

This is an island on Magnetic Lake that spent about 10 years on the market and a gent from Chicago ended up buying the works for 200 thou. roughly a half a mill. less than the original asking price.

IMG_0774.jpg

IMG_0778.jpg

IMG_0776.jpg

Back through the channel onto Gunflint Lake.

IMG_0781.jpg

A couple friendly Loons.

IMG_0788.jpg

A little Agate hunting and leg stretching on the North Shore of Superior.

IMG_0805.jpg
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,467
    Options
    Glacier is my favorite of the Nat'l parks. Did you get a chance to go up to Waterton NP, on the Canadian side? The mammals up there aren't scared of humans at all and I've had to back up to take pics of them!

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Boilermaker Ben
    Options
    Yeah, Lake McDonald, about 9 in the morning. As soon as we saw the lake, I was stunned by how calm it was. World's biggest mirror. Spent 10 or 15 mins taking photos, and then got back in the car. Perfect timing...as soon as we got in the car, the wind picked up, and the mirror was gone.

I love your second shot. Looks like the house is in the lake.
  • Boilermaker Ben
    Options
    Yeah, we went up to Waterton briefly. You're right about the animals...deer all over town. As we were leaving town, a trio of bighorn were walking up the road to the lodge.

Glacier was incredible, but I really fell in love with Grand Teton. Shockingly beautiful.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    B E A U T I F U L Ben! I'm relaxed just looking at those sites! And of course Eli is such a doll!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    A Colorado Rocky Mountain gem

IMG_3232.jpg

(see Molly, I posted the good one ;) )
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Boilermaker Ben wrote:
    Yep, you should have gone with them. /quote]

Unfortunately, I wasn't really invited. :(

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Your little baby is growing fast! -RP
  • Boilermaker Ben
    Options
    She sure is. She was a real trooper on this trip. We abused her pretty badly...too many long days in the car, total disruption of all her routines, not enough sleep, etc. We had some rough spots, but overall, she handled everything pretty darned well.