Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ping Bacchus :) or any iced coffee lovers

Options
Mainegg
Mainegg Posts: 7,787
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I came across this on Pioneer woman's site and thought of you. I know you had asked last year and I had not been much help.... I have not tried it but everything she does is over the top good so I bet this is too :)
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2011/06/perfect-iced-coffee/

Comments

• Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    Thanks Julie! pretty much a french press, I guess. ;)
  • dubah
    dubah Posts: 60
    Options
    I use a Toddy coffee maker. There's another very similar one on the market- I don't remember the name. They both work well and are relatively inexpensive. They make clean-up a breeze. If you use a particularly strong coffee you can "brew" it twice. Flavored coffees come out really powerful tasting. Add a little ice and cream/milk and it's heavenly.
  • Mainegg
    Options
    LOL yes Adam, but I liked that you could do it with out any special equipment and do a huge batch and just keep in the frig. I Love sweet strong iced coffee :)
  • missyjane
    missyjane Posts: 20
    Options
    Mainegg,

Thanks so much, I have been trying to figure that out myself. McD's with sugar free vanilla is so good, I laugh and say it is addicting and they said they have come to call it "crack" coffee, hopefully there are a few more addicts than just me. As they hand it out they say here's your "crack!" Now maybe I can let them think I have cleaned up my act a little... haha
  • Mainegg
    Options
    HA HA and if you use the Creamora non dairy creamer in the big blue pump? we get it at sams... mmmmm heaven!
  • missyjane
    Options
    Will have to try it. My mouth is watering now. I am afraid of having at my fingertips so easily. It may get hard to read / write / sleep if it is too readily available. haha I will have to look at the bottle of syrup I have, I made sure to look for the kind they use. Seems like it was at Walmart or something. :P might even start calling me twitchy.... lol
  • jostheim
    jostheim Posts: 53
    Options
    +1 for toddy, you can do it without any special equipment, it is just easier with the toddy IMHO
  • Hungry Celeste
    Options
    Even easier than a toddy: buy some CoolBrew, a kick-ass coffee concentrate brewed in New Orleans. Available in coffee & chicory, plain, and flavored versions in a "dispenser" plastic bottle. It is used by a number of coffeehouses to make iced coffee.
    http://www.coolbrew.com/
    I have no connection to the company, I just couldn't live without the stuff.
  • missyjane
    Options
    OMG I tried it last night, YUM Purrrfect and a little twitchy today too... lol
  • missyjane
    Options
    I checked my syrup also it was from walmart and is Torani sugar free vanilla, has blue on the label, it is the same as my McD's uses. I also had some vanilla almond milk (Kroger brand) it went well in it too. I had 2 18-20 oz cups full this morning lol I think it is a little stronger than normal brewed haha. I have had alot of typing corrections. I hope I can get to sleep later. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    Well, I thought I had been forgotten around here. ;)
    Thanks for thinking of me, and yes I did ask about it. However I never really got into it. I tried a few different methods last summer, but nothing made a great impression.