Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggfest...what to expect?

purcellj
purcellj Posts: 44
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So there are a few eggfests coming up in the near future in my area. It seems most have an entrance fee. What does the privilege give me? The obvious answer says a few tastings from the cooks. Am I wrong?

Comments

• Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    A few tastings, cooking instructions from the chefs, new recipes, meeting fellow eggheads, opportunity to purchase a demo egg, demo cooks and techniques by the sponsers, accessories at discount prices, oh, and did I mention just an all around fun day!?! :) :ohmy: :P :cheer:
  • What Capt. Frank says. Go and have fun!

You are lucky if you have several to choose from in your area, alot of eggheads don't and have to make a major trip to attend one.
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Le Oeuf Vert
    Le Oeuf Vert Posts: 512
    A very fun day and way to much food to eat. :laugh: Take a look at a few slide shows below.

NewEggland Fest
    Sunshine State EggFest
    Waldorf EggFest

If they are in your area go. You will have a great time. 2 out of 3 so far for us have been long distance and both are on our schedule for next year.
  • bubba tim
    bubba tim Posts: 3,216
    You meet lots of great eggheads, get great cooking techniques, get a full belly, and a hangover the next morning... :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: Party on dude!
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
  • Le Oeuf Vert
    Le Oeuf Vert Posts: 512
    For some live action check out this video done up by Bubba Tim himself.

Sunshine State EggFest Video
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Don't take the phrase "tasting" the wrong way...there will be tons of food. You will more than gt your moneys worth.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• PattyO
    PattyO Posts: 883
    As the cooks are working they answer questions and give demos on what they are doing. You learn a lot. And eat all day. Lots of fun and new friends. What fests are you considering?
  • And you meet really good friends :)
    that you follow around the country (and neighboring countries) to learn and eat some more :whistle:
  • vonbonds
    vonbonds Posts: 22
    I was thinking of getting my large EGG at an eggfest in a few weeks here in PA but I got one from a local dealer this past weekend instead. The ability to use the egg right away and supporting my local dealer pushed me to my decision.

You can't go wrong either way though...good luck getting your EGG.
  • tacodawg
    tacodawg Posts: 335
    I am not sure how long you have had your egg but I went to my local eggfest and picked up my egg there. You will get to sample food from some very good cooks on the egg. These folks are very friendly and willing to share all information with you. Go with an open mind and sample lots and then go home and start cooking. I have cooked almost every other night on the egg since I got it. We end up with a few extra leftover but they don' t go to waste. I have done pulled, pork,ribs chicken, pastrami and pizza. Everything has been delicious and moist. My neighbors enjoy it when I do the larger cooks. Go,you will learn an incredible amount of what can be cooked on the egg plus you get to meet some great people.
  • I haven't been to one yet but am signed up for Eggs on the River located at a brewpub, Stumptown Brewery. Cannot see how this could go wrong, good food and good beer. :laugh:
  • purcellj
    I already have a large with accessories, so I won't be going with an purchase in mind.

I have the MidEgglanticFest and Woodburners (Hatfield PA) local to me.
  • Fornia
    Fornia Posts: 451
    purcellj wrote:
    I already have a large with accessories, so I won't be going with an purchase in mind.

I have the MidEgglanticFest and Woodburners (Hatfield PA) local to me.

I feel confident in telling you the MidEgglanticFest at Fred's will be a great one for tasting, learning, and all things Egg related. Not to mention, Fred's store is worth the trip in itself.

I'll be doing a demonstration of 'Bacon Eggsplosion' at the fest....if you make it up, please stop by and say hello!
  • grillmandan
    grillmandan Posts: 270
    You will learn things that you did'nt know you needed to learn. You will greatly expand on what you can do on the Egg.
  • purcellj
    We signed up for the Woodburners in Hatfield, PA. I hope to see others from the forum. Maybe Fred's next year.
    John