Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cast Iron Nachos

Clay Q
Clay Q Posts: 4,486
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Yesterday I did a test run of nachos for a party next weekend. Needed an appetizer while the main event will be smokin(spares)and this seemed like a good idea. Fresh cilantro and chives from the garden. We served guackamolea and sou'cweam on the side.
BGENatchosCastIron0003.jpg

Holy Cow! Very good test run (rate it as a home run). I'd like to have a softer cheese next time. Thinking of adding melted Velveeta to 4 Mexican cheese blend. This is a meal in it's self. There is refried bean, salsa, black olives, fresh tomato and fresh chopped onion layered in along with the cheese and ground beef. :woohoo:
BGENatchosCastIron0001.jpg

BGENatchosCastIron0002.jpg

Tip; I used an enameled grid pan with holes to toast up the chips before layering ingredients in the cast iron skillet. To serve, place cast iron on a trivit and let guests take what they want. The iron will keep the nachos warm. ;)

Comments