Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Who cooks with a Wok on their egg?

Federalist226
Federalist226 Posts: 82
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I bought my first BGE (a large) about a month ago and I love it! I've already learned a lot about grilling, smoking, and baking from the excellent members of this forum. I've never charcoal grilled before, and I've made plenty of mistakes. But I'm already addicted to cooking on the egg.

Anyway, I love cooking with a wok, but unfortunately, my kitchen cook-tops have always limited my ability to use a wok (not a big enough burner, sides of the wok don't get hot enough, etc.).

So I did a little research and it looks like the ceramic grill store has two options to permit wok cooking on the BGE: the spider and the Woo3 ring setup. The Woo3 appears to hold the wok up higher, so I'm thinking the spider would be the way to go.

Anyone use a wok on their BGE? I'd love to hear from those who do. How does it work out? What equipment would you use?

Thanks!

Comments