Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Table design snafu

brookspw
brookspw Posts: 7
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am ready now, and have time, to build a table for my egg. I am going to have to customize because I am going to "build it in" to a 6 foot wide section on my deck, sort of an alcove.

So, I'm doing research. You guys have built some beautiful tables. This is an example of one thread that has pics of 3-4 different tables and they are representative of what I've seen. http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=1099746&catid=1#

Here is my question: All of them have 3-5 inches from the bottom vent / ash door to the edge of the table. When you rake the ash out -- what do you do, just rake it across the table? That doesn't seem to be optimum to me. I am tryin to get ideas on a solution for this. One option is to have a cut out under the ash door. This will require some additional support.

Thoughts?

Comments