Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

WOOSDAY:Dog Days of OKC

Comments

• Hey I recognize that lady. Thanks for starting woosday.

Doug
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Auron and Buddy are having fun. :laugh:
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Cute doggie pictures, woof, woof! Here's a shot of today's ribs that I didn't get to cook over the looong weekend. Did a little improv and experimented a bit. The two pieces are from a rack of 'regulars' which I trimmed ala 'St. Louis' style. Did a brief brine using a FNC recipe and then dusted generously with John Henry's 'Pecan' rub. Cooked indirect @ 250F for 6 hours, turning and spraying every 30 min. after the first few hours (no foil). I did not use any sauce as I wanted to use the brine/combo. as a starting point. Ribs are on 'hold' under foil in a low-heat oven and I'll post a follow-up later. Happy Eggin'!!~~

RibsJuly411.jpg
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    just jumpin on the Woosday band wagon here...
    IMG_2262.jpg
    Ever since this Spring we have had this little tree frog living between the bottom of our mail box and the post. He also loves the nearby rain gauge as his personal sauna! My wife calls him Ferdy and greets him every morning!

BTW last week we observed Ferdy had an overnight fling and his girl friend Gerdy was in the sauna with him! Me thinks we'll be having a bunch of little Ferdys and Gerdys swimming in the rain gauge shortly...
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    We recently returned from a week with our friends, Mike & Jill, in Seattle, Victoria and Whistler, BC. Here are a few pics worthy of Woosday.

Jana (The Princess) and I at sunset on the Vancouver-Victoria ferry:
    e0fe1030.jpg

A later, better shot:
    ad28b554.jpg

Fresh, live crab for breakfast on a Victoria pier:
    0f7a305c.jpg

Female Orca from the J-pod of San Juan Island:
    c94256f1.jpg

"Touristy" pic on Blackcomb Mountain in Whistler. Us southerns don't see much snow, especially in late June. :ohmy:
    ab681c92.jpg

Obligatory food pic - Rim Rock Cafe in Whistler. Salmon stuffed with whipped goat cheese and lumps of lobster - awesome!
    97dfbca0.jpg

Beautiful treat from our condo balcony on our last day in Whistler:
    8b3c5e85.jpg

Jana and Mike ran in the Seattle Rock & Roll Half Marathon on our last day of vacay. Finisher's pic:
    9ac48b7d.jpg

Thanks for looking!
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Happy Woosday:

Dinner anyone???

Rabbit003.jpg

Rabbit004.jpg

Cheers,
    Bordello
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Kerri love the last pic. As I remember Auron was having some "behavior" problems about the small dog and Randie was giving Doreen pointers!!LOL