Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bobby Flay's BGE

PattyO
PattyO Posts: 883
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Bobby Flay used his egg today for brisket. Sweet. His egg, along w Guy Fieri's have been used, black inside. Steve Raichlen always has a brand new one. Makes me think Bobby and Guy really use theirs.

Comments

• CBBQ
    CBBQ Posts: 610
    I saw that today, and yesterday. I thought it was interesting Bobby mentioned Weber but not BGE which is what he used for the brisket,
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Having watched several installments of the show, brisket aside, I'm not sure BF is all that interested in actual barbecue. About 90% of the show has precisely zero to do with smoking or grilling...it's almost as if it could be just about any heat source.
  • PattyO
    He called it a green ceramic cooker, and really praised it. But he slammed the lid on it twice. Not smart.
  • redsrage
    redsrage Posts: 16
    Darn, I missed it. But I'm glad he used it to make brisket. I haven't attempted brisket yet and my hubby can't wait to try brisket on BGE. Happy 4th!
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,463
    Did anyone catch how big the brisket was that he cooked? It was HUGE, and barely fit on his XL Egg, yet he got it to cook in only 8 hours. :blink:

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    I MUST CONCUR! ;)
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    I don't think Flay would be too concerned about having to replace a dome, even if he did pay for it to begin with which is doubtful at best.

Bout time FN caught on to what the rest of us have known for years. The Egg is the best cooker out there.
  • fasteddiem
    fasteddiem Posts: 212
    Patty,

I was waiting for the lid to explode as hard as he was slamming it!
    500 Posts: 3,177
    Having never cooked a full brisket, do you all agree on the method he took for it? He smoked it for 4 hours then foiled it for 4 hours. He never did say what internal temp to go to. But it looked very moist and juicy.

I find it odd that he never said the name Big Green Egg, but said Weber, like he's got a contract with Weber that states he can not say Big Green Egg, or something. He names the other grills and smokers by name.
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • PattyO
    Yes he did say the temp he wrapped and pulled. He called the BGE a green ceramic cooker.
  • Angela
    Angela Posts: 543
    The thing I don't get is why does Bobby always preheat the egg with the plate setter in, and then remove the grate and platesetter to add the wood chips? I can't figure out if he just doesn't have much experience with the Egg, or if he just wants to show off those gloves he wears. Probably both.

He totally lost me on that canned beans and bottled bbq sauce dish though. Come on, I expect that from Paula Deen, it is not that hard to make bbq beans from scratch.
    Egging on two larges + 36" Blackstone griddle
  • PattyO
    Anne Burrell used canned beans too. Not me, the only cans I open are for dog food, and maybe tomato sauce. Maybe he was highlighting the plate setter. He had good things to say about it.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,296
    Sounds like he is learning a little more each show. Now if somebody could forward him a link to this thread?