Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

XL measurement?

Options
Mainegg
Mainegg Posts: 7,787
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
How wide is the XL? anyone have one handy to measure? I used my cook off winnings to take the edge of biting the bullet on an XL and we were going to leave it in the box and not use till we head south for the winter and take down to FL. But Neil is not sure if it will fit through the shed door LOL only one small shed that we can wheel it into down there... if it does not fit then I can unpack and fire her up when she gets here next week!! Neil says the shed door is only 32 inches..... it will be in a nest but no side shelves attached.. hoping it will fit as that is where I really need/want it. :(

Comments

• Jer_inva
    Jer_inva Posts: 109
    Options
    Sounds like you really need to know the size of the widest part, be it the XL itself or the nest legs. Sorry I don't have one to measure for you. Jer
  • Mainegg
    Options
    LOL thanks that is what I am looking for... what is the widest part. would hate to haul it 1700 miles and not be able to put it up for the summer...
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    32" it will make it in the nest.
    Send $10.00 to my paypal account and I will edit post and say it will not. B)
    You will like your XL.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Mainegg
    Options
    HA HA thank you Darin. not sure if I am happy or not.. this means I can talk to it and rub it but not play with it till Nov :(
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Congratulations Champ! :laugh:

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    You might have to "sofa style" one leg first on the nest but the Egg will fit for sure. You could always put the nest together and measure the lower span. After that you could push each other around in the nest. :laugh:
    I was not 100% sure what you were pulling for.
    Kind of a split but it's your new Egg and that's all that counts.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options

You keep doing this type thing and you will soon reach your 12 step goal.

Congratulations. Tell Neil he may have to get a new shed or remodel the old one with a new/wider door.

Kent
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Neil is such a softie....LOL ;):)
    I think it is easier for him to build a new shed.... :lol: :silly:
  • asianflava
    asianflava Posts: 313
    Options
    The only way I could get the base thru my sliding glass door was naked and on it's side. Needless to say, it never leaves the deck.
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    Julie,I got two words! NEW SHED :laugh:
    Congrats on the win and the new Egg.
    Jupiter Jim :)

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• Manfred
    Manfred Posts: 186
    Options
    My question is Don't you need to use it a couple times to make sure the gasket is good? It will be bad for you to wait all that time and on your first cook the gasket falls off. Just a thought.
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    Julie,

Neils laughing all the way to the dinner table :laugh: I sure wish my wife turned egg tricks like you do. :P You're gonna be busy in November, cause I know everyone wants to try your new stuff and you abolutely must make the old stuff. ;) that includes the Raviolis :whistle: Can't wait.

Congrats on all accounts! B)
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Julie it won't fit but I have double 4' doors on my shed and will be happy to store it for you at no charge ;) Just let me know when your heading down and I'll give you directions,,, oh wait, Neils been to my house so just surprise me :woohoo: :laugh: