Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Tenderloin with Smoky Salsa

Options
NibbleMeThis
NibbleMeThis Posts: 2,295
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Last night I made Wolfgang Puck's Roasted Beef Tenderloin with Smoky Tomato-Chili Salsa.

I reverse seared the beef tenderloin on my BGE.

DSC_0647resized.jpg

It took right at an hour at 250f to hit 125 internal. When that was done I seared it at 500f 1 minute per side.

While that went on, Alexis fire roasted the veggies for the salsa on her Egg. I don't remember where I picked up the toothpick tip for garlic, but you don't even have to peel them first. Makes it easy to quickly grill and flip them.

DSC_0638resized.jpg

She followed the recipe as written at first but it was waaaay too watery so she improvised on the spot, fixing it up. It is NOT the kind of salsa you would eat with chips but was excellent steak, she really saved that one!

DSC_0657resized.jpg

It was a fantastic dinner but the best part was seeing her improvisational fix work so well. Plus it's always fun cooking together.
Knoxville, TN
Nibble Me This

Comments