Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Infrared Thermometer - Pretty Cool

2»

Comments

• I find it handy for checking grid temp when doing a sear, but you're right, it's more fun than useful in my book.
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    You have limited imagination...

The instructions are quite clear about keeping the laser beam out of people's eyes. I take that to mean it can damage or destroy the eye. The eye is over 1" in size. A fly is less than 1/4" in size. Therefore, a fly can become the object of a 'search and destroy' mission while you are doing nothing else while your meat cooks.

You're welcome.

Spring "There's Always More Than One Use For Everything" Chicken
  • Spring Chicken
    Oh yea! I guess you can do that too.

Spring "No Limits To Thinking" Chicken
  • Spring Chicken
    I was curious to see if it read 'thru' water or 'surface' temperature of water. I pointed it down into my spa and compared it to the control panel reading. 1° difference. And that could have been due to me measuring from 2' away instead of 1' away.

I like it...

Spring "Fun Is Where You Create It" Chicken
  • BigBadger
    BigBadger Posts: 461
    Certainly cheap enough for another fun toy. What's the distance ratio? 6:1? 12:1?
  • Spring Chicken
    Looks to be 8:1, but I'm not good at reading instructions or specs. So here's a picture of the page that covers those kinds of details.

InfraredThermometerManual.jpg

I just put ribs on and played with it to see how cold/warm/hot everything was. Seems to work well but what do I know? I just work here.

Spring "I Play With Toys" Chicken
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Cool as he!! Leroy. Not only do they have many uses their fun to use and possibly save you money by fixing air leaks...have fun. ;)