Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Total nonsense!!

Comments

• FSM-Meatball
    FSM-Meatball Posts: 215
    Everybody needs to relax. I don't see why everyone is getting their panties all in a twist.

The guy made a product specific to our Eggs. There really isn't anywhere else for him to announce it. While I agree I don't want a million advertisements on the forum, the reality is that the number of people making accessories for eggs can be counted on one hand.

The handles look well made and nicely finished. If you want something with more character, then leave your credit card in your Wallet.
  • Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Marty: It is truly a great group of people here. There are also MANY that make product for, or related to the BGE. Solicitation here is HIGHLY discouraged! This is copied directly from the forum rules:

No advertising.
    If a post requests information, it is acceptable to respond with addresses, phone numbers, or URL's that satisfy the request. Unsolicited advertising of products or home pages is not allowed.

People aren't trying to be 'nasty' to YOU, and it certainly isn't "Foolishness"...they are simply enforcing what has been enforced on the MANY others that also have Egg related products. You can NOT self promote on this forum...it's just the rules. When this thread began last night, you had 6 posts. Only ONE had anything to do with anything other than your handles. The rest were promoting your product. So consider yourself fortunate you did not get this reaction sooner.

If you choose to contribute to this forum with your cooking experiences, or have a question to ask, these folks will be here to answer. This forum would be nothing but an Advertising Agency if this rule was not enforced. Don't take it personally. Instead, realize this is one VERY aligned group of BGE enthusiasts that will not let ONE get away with what others can not. Be well.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    How about Ebay, Craigs List, Eggfests, Local dealers or his own web site for getting things started. Many BBQ sites sell add space as well.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Post your BGE cooks with preferably with pictures and ask questions about using your BGE. :)
  • BananaChipz
    BananaChipz Posts: 207
    nice dissin' the guy...class act you are..
  • BananaChipz
    I liked the fact he posted.. I liked his handles as well. Definitely better than some of the ridiculous over the top gawdy stuff people adorn their grills with. If you have alzheimers and need to remember what your name is by looking at your BGE's handle, then good for you - however some of us like simplicity and craftsmanship.

As for the fact that he posted in the wrong forum: you all need to chill. you guys have mall cop syndrome (aka little man syndrome). He was informed, but you all proceeded to insult him and mock his work..
  • BananaChipz
    here's the problem...people were going out of their way to be nasty to him. People who are just members of the forum, and really shouldn't be enforcing the rules themselves.

you must admit that the "establishment" here can be a pack of wolves when they don't agree with someone.
  • BananaChipz
    Wow you are persistent Photo Egg... A real class act..
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Photo Egg IS a class act. ;)
  • Photo Egg
    Your white horse fell in the mud. So in turn you bomb the people that make the other handles who were never involved in this post. Yea, you are the example of class.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • BananaChipz
    Photo Egg wrote:
    Your white horse fell in the mud. So in turn you bomb the people that make the other handles who were never involved in this post. Yea, you are the example of class.

Very creative.. Yep we're two peas in a pod you and I.. Both classless fools... Glad you finally noticed.

Actually my tongue was firmly planted in cheek. It was merely poking at the fact that you and your other EggShtapo were jumping all over his handles. I actually put myself in the group that likes my name on handles (not because of Alzheimers mind you, merely because I'm an arrogant prick).

Sorry you feel the need to deflect from the fact that you were trashing a mans hard work .. It must really suck to be an angry little man.
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    You done yet? :whistle:

Or did you just say F it and go kick the dog? :ermm:
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Why don't you go play in some one else's sand box and let the rest of us get on with cooking dinner?
  • BananaChipz
    Just getting started Heir Egghead :)
  • BananaChipz
    Cookin' is a good idea.. Have an awesome day Mr. **** FL
  • Ripnem
    That's funny cause his names Richard :laugh: A different DB used to call me Richard and my names Adam. :woohoo:
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    He will probably join "Lost in Utah" and "Tweeve" in the future?? Now what to cook for dinner??
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    My thoughts as well. :laugh:

I have chicken thighs soaking in a brine for tonights cook. I never soaked a thigh before and tried to make the skin crispy so, this should be interesting. :)
  • BananaChipz
    If you mean pushed out by the circle-jerkin' gestapo? then naw.. I seem to annoy you.. that's worth the price of stickin' around.
  • Photo Egg
    "Your handles are made of nice wood and finished well but they have very little appeal over the stock handles.
    No charm, originality or character. "

This was my post you drama queen. Far from trashing a man's hard work.
    Marty then chose to also fabricate insults with his reply that were never said.
    You were the one trashing people's hard work.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • BananaChipz
    Photo Egg wrote:
    "Your handles are made of nice wood and finished well but they have very little appeal over the stock handles.
    No charm, originality or character. "

This was my post you drama queen. Far from trashing a man's hard work.
    Marty then chose to also fabricate insults with his reply that were never said.
    You were the one trashing people's hard work.

Awesome post... as the Twitterati would say: #fail

Mr. Darian... you are a nice guy, but you have very little appeal over anyone else.. You have no charm, originality, or character.

Oh, and don't bother replying, because the above statement isn't trashing you at all! It's all in your mind. Don't be a drama Queen.
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    I hope you read this entire thread again tomorrow and look at how many respected forum members you have trashed..for a debate that had nothing to do with you in the first place...put on your kevlar underwear and realize why noone is answering your posts asking for advice..you obviously had no intentions of hanging around very long...
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Wess, I'll bet he's Tweev...without the charm! :woohoo:
  • Fluffyb
    Fluffyb Posts: 1,815
    As Dr. Phil would say, I have no dog in this fight, so not sure why I am posting. But many friends and long time eggers have, in my opinion, been disrespected. I got my custom handle, and yes, I remember my nick name, from an unsolicited source. Saw another egger with a beautiful handle and privately e-mailed her for the source. I posted pics of my finished handle with his forum name. I LOVE my custom handle. There are a couple of long time members who make handles, perhaps a search and a read through of the forum rules would have been in order. Now back to matters at hand, grilling up some skirt steak for fajitas!

008-31.jpg
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    agreed totally..
  • Photo Egg
    and if I were selling myself on this forum I would would welcome your comments.
    Nothing you say holds water or merit. You have no basis for any of your comments.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • BananaChipz
    Photo Egg wrote:
    and if I were selling myself on this forum I would would welcome your comments.
    Nothing you say holds water or merit. You have no basis for any of your comments.

Well.. I'm sorry you didn't understand the point of my previous post. Let me break it down for you:

- You started by saying that your statement concerning the quality of his handles was not bashing his work

- I used your same quote you used to describe you as a person. A quote that any person reading would clearly see as offensive.

So you see, I wasn't actually making an argument save for showing how you actually *were* bashing his work directly. It's funny how you chose not to see that, however my statement regarding names on handles (which was tongue-in-cheek) seems to offend you and others so.
  • BananaChipz
    WessB wrote:
    I hope you read this entire thread again tomorrow and look at how many respected forum members you have trashed..for a debate that had nothing to do with you in the first place...put on your kevlar underwear and realize why noone is answering your posts asking for advice..you obviously had no intentions of hanging around very long...

I *trashed* forum members by making a joke about names on handles? Seriously? I think it's you who needs the kevlar to protect that thin-skin my friend.

It's funny how you say this had nothing to do with me. Yet the forum school of piranhas who had NOTHING to do with the original poster jumped down his throat, and insulted his work. Do I see you, Mr. Morality, berating them for that? Of course not, just me for trying to defend him.

Well Wess, I apologize for not being one of the people who fly across country to cook with you on your Egg, and wanna hang out in person for a big love-in. I didn't know that was what was required to have an opinion on this board.
  • Ripnem
    Hey Skippy!

You done yet? :huh: