Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The perimeters are secure, alone with my egg!

Mud Pig
Mud Pig Posts: 489
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I posted up a question a little bit ago about how to deal with nosey neighbors, neighbors who are bothered by constant grilling, and simply being bugged while you are in your own backyard BBQing. I got a lot of sound advice about taking over some ribs to them, inviting them to a BBQ and I headed it for sure. The new neighbors were invited over, they got some tacos al pastor off the egg and all is well.

However, it got me thinking that when I'm out there grilling or smoking meat I really do enjoy just being alone. I don't particularly like having to talk to neighbors or being bothered while I'm in my own backyard. Likewise, much to my wife's dismay I do occasionaly go out in my underwear to check a pork butt in the middle of the night.

So I decided to secure the perimeter and keep my egging off the prying eyes of any neighbors.

Here is a shot of what use to be around my yard on the shared property line. Just a chain length fence and a wood 3ft fence that didn't give you any privacy.
IMG00216-20110221-1408.jpg

Decided on a 6ft privacy fence all the way around my backyard. Pine posts with cedar slats, shadow box style. Particualry proud of the look as the fence goes up onto the terrace in my backyard. Here is the view from the street. My house is on a corner lot so one side faces a busy street.
IMG00593-20110622-1730.jpg

The property line with my neighbor, around my big green shed.
IMG00594-20110622-1735.jpg

6ft of privacy around my XL, never to be bugged again.
IMG00595-20110622-1735.jpg

I'm very happy with how it came out and it definitely needed to be done. The street side of my corner lot house had a privacy fence along the back yard which was falling down and needed to be replaced. I figured why not do the whole backyard while you are at it. Likewise, it will serve me well in the years to come as my son plays back there.

Looking forward to my first BBQ with my new fence this weekend.

MP

Comments