Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Warranty claims made difficult

Options
edbro
edbro Posts: 300
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
BGE used to be known for their great warranty. That is one of the reasons I bought one. I now have two eggs. Now that I need warranty service, I find they are making it difficult.

The tabs that hold the handle on my mini's band broke off. I wrote about that last week. I took it to the dealer and he said no problem and ordered a new one. A week later the distributor showed up and said there is only a 1 year warranty on the bands. So, I go back to the dealer with my receipt and a printout of the warranty to show the 5 year rule. Now I waited another week. Today the dealer said the distributor now wants pictures that the dealer will snail mail in with some forms. I had already shown the dealer the bands in person because there is no rust. So, at least another week until the next hurdle.

All this time I am unable to use the mini. I feel like BGE is fighting hard not to honor their warranty. The dealer is doing all he can for me, BGE is making it difficult.

Comments

• Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Options
    Sounds like the distributor is making it difficult, not BGE, I would call the mothership :)
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Options
    p.s. The distributor is not BGE.
  • edbro
    edbro Posts: 300
    Options
    Thanks to both of you. I called the mothership and Bruce is taking care of me in stellar fashion. My faith is restored.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options

I have needed service issues resolved and BGE HQ followed through and made the situation right. I have read many posts where HQ has gone above and beyond what they were required to.

I am not so sure where fingers should be pointed and don't think we should be so quick to put the blame on BGE. Time will tell how the quality of service will turn out.

From some of the past 'slow/poor service' posts it sounds like it is a dealer or distributor issue.

It also could be BGE is pushing more of the service issues down the supply chain. Hopefully there is HQ training and guidelines to provide a continued good service to their customers.

Keep us informed on the progress of your issue and thanks for your post. Bringing some of these issues to light will help BGE/Distributors/Dealers to keep the focus on customer service as well as sales.

GG
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options

That sounds more like BGE HQ service.

GG
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    Sounds like your distributor is the one that I used to have. I had to produce photos of a firebox, and my dealer would just shake his head and apologize. My dealer now has a new distributor and things are much better.
    The Naked Whiz
  • Dnorman
    Dnorman Posts: 117
    Options
    The Dealer should have had you take pics to begin with. But this would be a distributor issue not a BGE issue. I would call the mothership, they will take care of you.
  • Bear 007
    Bear 007 Posts: 382
    Options
    I just got a reply from Bruce today concerning my gasket, said it would be no problem just needed size and place of purchase. It all sounds good to me.
  • Slotmercenary
    Slotmercenary Posts: 1,071
    Options
    Just today I was told by the dealer that I had to return the damaged parts covered by warranty to get the new ones. This is no big deal. I went through the pics and wait period for replacement to arrive. This is something new as I have three eggs and had several fire pits and rings replaced in the past 10 plus years with nothing more than pics. Still one of the best warranty programs in the industry...
  • Popsicle
    Popsicle Posts: 523
    Options
    If you ever have the chance to attend an Eggfest close to you, your distributer will have a rep. there and you can talk to him directly and solve a lot of issues.
    I talked to mine, Paragon out of Dallas, at the OK fest and they personally delivered the parts to me at the Athens fest. Now that is what I call great service. Thanks again Andy and Greg from Paragon.
    Good luck with your issues.
    Popsicle
    Willis Tx.
  • grillmandan
    grillmandan Posts: 270
    Options
    Find a better dealer!