Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Father's Day Ribs !!

elzbthelzbth Posts: 2,075
edited 1:12PM in EggHead Forum
Thinking of my Dad today, and remembering how much he loved me. He also loved to barbeque - so it was only fitting that I fire up the egg and slap on some St. Louis ribs (all the posts lately about them were just the trick to send me to Winn Dixie :ohmy: !

My Dad's ribs were always great. I'd like to think he would have enjoyed these....

Getting started - ribs, DP Red Eye, and yellow mustard.
IMG_2646.jpg

3 hours at 275 - indirect...
IMG_2656.jpg

Foiled for another hour or so, then finishe with Bone Suckin' "Hot"...
IMG_2680.jpg

IMG_2687.jpg

Pretty day-ummmmed good - my husband and mother loved them. I think they were the best I've ever made - had to be the vibes from my Dad...
IMG_2691.jpg

Comments

• wkygrillerwkygriller Posts: 408
    The ribs look great!!!
    I have never tried the bone sucking sauce before. How does it compare to Blues Hog
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,675
    Ribs seem to be todays theme and yours are right at the top B)
  • Great looking ribs! Your Dad would be proud!
    BGE'er since 1996 Large BGE 1996, Small BGE 1996, Mini BGE 1997
  • Le Oeuf VertLe Oeuf Vert Posts: 512
    Nice looking plate of food.
  • Nice sides, too B)
    Vibes when Eggin are a good thing :)
  • elzbthelzbth Posts: 2,075
    I've never had Blues Hog - it's on my list of "got to try". I'm told that Piggly Wiggly sometimes has it - even went to a PW yesterday looking for it, but alas they did not so I ended up with Bone Suckin'. I like it - a lot. Not too sweet and just the right amount of "hot" :laugh:
    Thank you kindly...yes, ribs seem to be the order of the day. I can't wait to have leftovers tomorrow! ;)
    Thank you for the kind words. :)
    Thanks for looking! A great day indeed... :)
    Weird vibes today - the potato salad was a dead ringer for my grandmother's! The tomato salad was all mine though - a friend gave me a b-load of tomatoes this morning. I have about 30 on the counter that need to continue ripening....going to make peach salsa! :)
  • Judy MayberryJudy Mayberry Posts: 1,990
    Elizabeth:

What a great meal you made! I loved everything on that plate. And i use mustard and Red-Eye Express just like you do. I have Blues Hog and I've used Bone Sucking Sauce. They are both at the top of my list...you are gonna love your ribs with either one. If you end up ordering Blues Hog online, get a bunch at once because the shipping cost is fierce (at least to California).

I'm glad the day was such a happy one for you.
    Judy in San Diego
    Thanks Judy - I have a trip planned this summer through northern Georgia/Alabama....if I don't find Blues Hog along the way I'm ordering from Hawgeyes when I get home. Hope you had a great day! :)
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Great looking cook Elizabeth. :P
  • transversaltransversal Posts: 719
    They look great. Have not tried the St. Louis ribs yet. Now, they are on the bucket list.
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Elizabeth those look great, what a nice gesture. sure you are a great cook but I'm sure you got some help from above this time, ;)
    Thank you, my friend! Hope your day is blessed.
    These are the ribs I grew up on....then I got "smart" and turned into a baby-back snob. Now I am even smarter, and find these really are the best! :laugh:
    Thank you - it was a great day! Hope you enjoyed your's as well.... :)
  • Mr HollowayMr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Great post Elizabeth
    Ribs look awsome
    Was thinking about my Dad too :)

Shane
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    They look terrific!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE