Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A Plan For Sunday..

Rascal
Rascal Posts: 3,923
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
A 3.8# boneless, pork butt, seasoned well with John Henry's pecan rub, doubled wrapped in parchment paper, then with aluminum foil, followed by 250 degrees for 6 hours. I'm trying to emulate the 'meat-in-a-bag' method, rendering cut-with-a-fork tender results, but with probably no bark to speak of. Any suggestions? TIA!!~~~

Comments

• Manfred
    Manfred Posts: 186
    You can not have bark with the butt wrapped up in foil.
    it must be open to the heat and smoke. i would cook for the first couple hours open to the heat and smoke then wrap it up my 2cents
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    I totally understand the bark situation. I'm just wanting to experiment with that OMG, fall-apart result that I've read about..
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    That sounds interesting. Only problem I would have is you also won't get any smoke flavor with it all wrapped up. I wonder if you could consider smoking a few hours, then wrap?

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    That sounds interesting. Only problem I would have is you also won't get any smoke flavor with it all wrapped up. I wonder if you could consider smoking a few hours, then wrap?

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg.