Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How many eggs have you sold for BGE

RGBHV
RGBHV Posts: 1,318
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've sold 3 that I know of.

I've heard some eggers selling that in an afternoon.

Commission free - forum related.

Hmm... this forum must be such a waste of time and money.

Michael

Comments

• Roll Tide
    Roll Tide Posts: 505
    2 bge's, but a couple more have decided on Primo's also. So, it seems I am selling ceramic in general....
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

We used to get a bag of lump for each egg sale we steered to the store and they mentioned my name.

I got 11 bags of BGE Lump. Indirect sales, who knows.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Four, that I know of, including one today to the tile guy who was putting tile on top of my BGE tables. He's getting a large. :)

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Bought 5. Only sold 2 so far.
  • And it took you HOW LONG to join this forum??.
  • 2 that I know for sure

Unknown at Eggfests, Sanctioned or NOT
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    I started reading and learning to use the egg from this forum. Took me awhile to actually join and start posting though.
  • RGBHV
    Glad to hear that GG was getting a bag of lump per sale from his dealer!

Maybe BGE should consider a commission for eggs sold via the forum.

It would give the forum a revenue stream.

Michael
  • thebtls
    thebtls Posts: 2,300
    I am in direct knowledge of 5 sold in four states based on my interactions with people. And I bought mine days after lurking here a couple years ago after a friend put me onto the forum.
    Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241
  • Sold several doing a couple demo cooks for my dealer and putting together a book of photos for the dealer.

Must have done well - gave me a mini and a pizza stone for my small. Then asked if I wanted to take over the Q' side of their business within their shop which also did outdoor furniture and a large upscale gift shop. :)
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

When I purchased my eggs, all 4, Out here the price was above retail. For example $1150 for the large, nest, mates, 1 bag lump, ash tool.

Getting a bag had to have been an easy decision for the dealer.

For what it's worth, the forum sold me on getting the egg not BGE. The forum helped me through many gasket burn outs, BGE provided 1 gasket out of 9.

Forum members helped me learn how to use the egg. Forum members helped me through some what I though were very tough cooks.

Several forum members helped me through some medical situations to include offering financial support which I didn't accept, but the offer was there from people I really didn't even know.

I have received and sent many gifts from different members, way to many to mention. Although I have only met 1 forum member in person, I have met a lot of dang nice people on the forum. I feel I am better for having done so too.

Kent
  • Nole Egger
    Nole Egger Posts: 18
    None yet, but I can assure you I wouldn't be awaiting the delivery of mine which is to be on Sunday if it weren't for this forum.

Once I start cooking on it, I'm sure I will sell some.

Without this place I wouldn't have actually pulled the triger and gotten one because I would have thought it was a big process and hassel to cook on. This forum let me know how easy it really was.

And now just in time for me to actually start having real questions when I need help with how to do things, it may be gone. Fingers crossed!!
  • rsmdale
    rsmdale Posts: 2,472
    I have sold eight eggs !! And I am not happy that we are getting treated like this.I have cooked at three EGGfests have won two and done nothing but sing the praises of the BGE!!

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
  • WokOnMedium
    WokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
    I've bought 3 myself. And directly convinced friends and family who've purchased 7, and one more soon.

It sure as heck wasn't their DVD or their dealer who taught me how to cook on the dang thing! Thanks guys!
  • NC-CDN
    NC-CDN Posts: 703
    Two. One in Canada and one in the US. Those are the ones I know of. I've told countless folks about the BGE and about this forum. Even folks using other types of cookers as I still feel this forum has such a wealth of information that others can use as well.

Hey and one of these days (when I get a few extra $$) I would like to buy another EGG for myself and maybe a chininea (sp?).

Very sad indeed.
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    NO less than 30. ;)

That doesn't include one egger that has become a dealer. :P
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Michael,

Think I got 9 that one afternoon at Ontario Gas BBQ ;)
    I have bought 12 as well. Of course I got one as a gift too.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• ibanda
    ibanda Posts: 553
    One so far. I watched TulsaMurph put the hard sell on a couple for an hour at the OKC Eggfest meet and greet. He was so excited telling them about the egg, he had me nearly rolling on the floor laughing. You can't pay for that kind of advertising/promotion.
    "Bacon tastes gooood, pork chops taste gooood." - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction
    Small and Large BGE in Oklahoma City.
  • RGBHV
    Apx. 100 eggs with a very small sampling of people(15).

That's a lot of eggs that were sold "without commission" going to the right person.

Although the forum statistics say 25,000+ members, I'm not sure how accurate that number is. I know I have frequently seen 1,000 people lurking.

So let's assume 1,000 ppl x 5 eggs x 800.00 = $4 million

In lieu of commission, if BGE made a donation of 2% (a cheap percentage for commission) that would be $80K. I'm sure that would run the forum for an entire year.

I'd go with the 25,000 member figure (that's probably since they started counting - lifetime membership) but if I use that number x 5 eggs per person, the numbers are staggering.

Anyway, I wish I was an actuary so that could extrapulate those figures properly, but alas all I can offer is the Canadian math.

Michael
  • I bought 3, recommended 2 for my foodie friends.

Maybe we need to start a new POLL on this??