Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Help!

Lippswife
Lippswife Posts: 2
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I recently moved to Henderson, Nevada and cannot find any source for accessories for my eggs, not even decent hardwood lump. I am in need of two dome temperature gauges and a cover for my large egg in the nest. Does anyone know of a dealer I can contact that will ship these items to me? The lump issue I am just going to have to deal with due to the cost of shipping 22 lbs. of the stuff. Thanks for any suggestions.

Comments

• Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    http://www.biggreenegg.com/

Look here and put in your zipcode. I can't vouch for any Nevada dealers but you can find the closest ones.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    For a dome thermometer, you can't go wrong with a Tel-Tru, about $20 plus shipping.

http://www.teltru.com/s-136-big-green-egg-grill-dome-kamado-replacement-thermometer.aspx

As for lump, many WalMarts carry Royal Oak in 10 lb bags ($6-7). Also, Home Depot, Ace Hardware and (I think) Lowes all carry Cowboy lump. As far as I know, most prefer Royal Oak, but any port in a storm. Ace has free ship to store. If your local store doesn't have it in stock, order online and have it shipped there.

As for other accessories, what Gene said. There are other online stores too... what are you looking for?

Hope this helps.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    grillstuff.com will ship 10lb bags of ozark oak lump to your door free as long as you spend $99. Its $8.65 a bag I believe. I ordered 12 bags and got them 3 days later. It's really good lump.
  • eggzlot
    eggzlot Posts: 93
    http://www.doitbest.com/Main.aspx

you can order online and I believe get free shipping to a local participating hardware store. I checked, and there is a store in Henderson, NV. On the website they have the 17 lb bags of Royal Oak for $15 or so.

Maybe this is an option for your lump charcoal source.
  • Lippswife
    Lippswife Posts: 2
    Thank you so much for the suggestions! I will look into them all. :)
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

A word of caution. Be very careful when ordering Royal Oak from doitbest. A while back there was a lot of posts/talk that they were not shipping RO and or the RO was not made in the USA. Not sure it it is the same now or not.

GG
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

As I recall there are two forum members that are up in Henderson and several more down the road in L.V.

Look for Royal Oak in any of the Walmarts, Cowboy in Home Deopots. Both should be in Henderson and of course there are several locations down the road.

I can't remember the names of the BGE dealers but HQ's website will list them for you.

I sure would like to be out on Lake Mead fishing right now.

Welcome to the forum.

GG
  • Mike in Abita
    Mike in Abita Posts: 3,302
    That is an odd weight for lump. Most lump is sold in either 10-11 or 20-22LB weights. 17 Lbs might be briquettes. Which is a good fuel source, just not for eggs or other ceramic cookers.
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    There are 2 Ace Hardware stores in Henderson. I have been buying their new in house brand "GrillMark" for $7/8 kg bag here in Florida. Like it. They will order and there is no shipping charge.

http://www.acehardware.com/home/index.jsp
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    I don't know what chain stores you have nearby, but here's the SKU# for lump available via their central distribution center. Brands seem to flucuate, but at least you could ask.

ACE 8102642

Do-It-Best 800279

True Value 145607

Service Star 66990

GFS 107200
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • eggzlot
    eggzlot Posts: 93
    I get these 17 lb bags of lump charcoal, Royal Oak, Made in the USA from Restaurant Depot for $9.99.

not sure what doitbest.com ships but I know people on other forums have used that site to order woods, lump, etc.

Speaking of, there is a Restaurant Depot in Las Vegas, if it is not too far from you in Henderson, maybe see if you can get a membership somehow? good prices on lump (year round) plus good selection of meat to use on the egg!
  • JCinNV
    JCinNV Posts: 141
    You Have mail via the forum ;)