Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Destin Florida seafood OT

ebrooker007
ebrooker007 Posts: 156
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I figure you all are the ones I look to on guidance on cooking on the bge. So now I'm looking for some guidence on a good seafood place in destin. I would like to go somewhere that the locals might go instead of ssomeplace like Joes crabshack. NothIng wrong with Joes, just I can have that in ky.

Comments

• Beernuts
    Beernuts Posts: 71
    Deweys of Destin -hard to find, but great local food - line up outside, have someone go in and get you a beer, and then order and look for a table - its not glamorous, but it was fantastic
  • field hand
    field hand Posts: 420
    Suggest Stinky's Fish Camp on hwy 30A, a few east of Destin. Might also consider Goat Feather's, also on 30A. We've eaten at both a number of times over the last few years, always had good luck. Both have a local following as well as out-of-towners. Good luck.

Barry
    Marthasville, MO
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Don't recall the name, but there is a place by the docks that is pretty good. It is the only "sit-down" place there, can't miss it. It has the typical captains wheel and large anchor in the parking lot.
  • OconeeDawg
    OconeeDawg Posts: 149
    Good Question I am going in August. Let me know if you find a really good spot!
  • OconeeDawg
    OconeeDawg Posts: 149
    I am going in August! Let me know if you find a good place. Sorry Bacchus didn't mean to post that under your post!
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    I recommend a place called The Back Porch. It's a little on the "touristy" side, but the food was good, the price was reasonable, and the views were terrific.

Try the sunshine cake.
  • Smut-butt
    Smut-butt Posts: 142
    If you go through Pensacola Beach, try Peg Leg Pete's or the Oyster Barn. Peg Legs is a great place for everything, located on the beach. I haven't been to Destin in a while; check with the charter boat Captains in Destin; they can direct you to a good "local" restaurant.
  • DrugCoder
    DrugCoder Posts: 219
    Good question! One place that is touristy but I still love when I'm there is McGuire's. Their peppercorn crusted filet is freakin' awesome!

I will be there in August as well so I'm curious about the local places as well.
  • bees
    bees Posts: 335
    Fidel is right, also try the seafood nachos or the grilled grouper sandwich.Have a good time.Randy
  • bees
    bees Posts: 335
    If you find yourself on 30A, try the Old Florida Fish House in Seagrove.Happy eating!Randy
  • leeflash
    leeflash Posts: 66
    Inside the Fishing fleet marina there are a few good local eateries.The Fisherman Wharf res.has catch of the day specials.The Boat House is about as local as it gets and the foods great.And don"t pass up the Harbor Docks Marina.AJs Has it all overlooking the Harbor.Great sunsets and watch the Charter fishing boats unload their catch.Lots of small walkup eateries at both docks that cook fresh daily.Happy eating!
  • Austin Smoker
    Austin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    Beernuts wrote:
    Deweys of Destin -hard to find, but great local food - line up outside, have someone go in and get you a beer, and then order and look for a table - its not glamorous, but it was fantastic

Second Deweys! If the Ruby Reds are in season, GET SOME, best shrimp I've ever eaten!
  • Kew_el_steve
    Kew_el_steve Posts: 354
    Pompano Joe's on HWY 2378. Right on the beach.
  • CNL
    CNL Posts: 96
    Dewey's hands down for my vote. pompano joe's 2nd.