Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Another one in the books (Peoria)

Focker
Focker Posts: 8,364
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I don't even know where to start? Well, here it goes.

Jerry and staff, thanks for the hospitality and another great fest!

Ron, a myocardialfelt thanks to you my friend for the Rutland. Always nice to see you and the Mrs. I did not have to resort to stealing your real estate :woohoo:
You are an eggin' machine, everything I sampled off your egg rocked B)

Rooster K, Blues Hog must've been on sale at Schnucks? Only $3.50 a jar for the Original, and $3.29 for the Tennessee Red.
Appreciate the tip on locating it and thanks for the "Raging B!tch" IPA. B)
Let me know the date of Seth's deck Eggfest :woohoo:

It's a challenge to find that balance of cooking and socializing. Heck, I took only one pic, of my own food. Kind of lame.
001-5.jpg

Can't wait to get to the range in the AM. :woohoo:
002-13.jpg
Brandon
Quad Cities
"If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Brandon,

that was a GREAT FEST wasn't it! and being the 9th annual one means it actually is one of the oldest, continuous running fests, though many people don't understand that fact! The biggest isn't always the best!

Thanks for your kind comments, but I don't recall any of the wonderful foods egged today that caused the flurry of hands grabbing like all of your pizzas! Here's an example!
    IMG_2206.jpg

I do have to laugh though at your picture of the Isabel Bloom figurine + a pistol. My late Aunt from Iowa was a close personal friend of hers and anything shooting bullets wouldn't have been in the same view! LOL

As for the gasket - forget it - friends help friends!

Ron
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Focker
    Ironical photography :woohoo:
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Hey rrp. Did you cook any dry aged stuff? How did it play in peoria? Well received?
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • ranger ray
    ranger ray Posts: 812
    we have the same shrine at the station.... lol......
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Ron,
    I wanted to be with you at the fest this year, tried to make a go of it but work keeps me from traveling. A day late and a dollar short as Spring Chicken might say.

Glad you had a great time! :cheer:
  • Focker
    Ron,
    Just had a slice of Jubilee Cafe strawberry/rhubarb. Hands down, the best pie I've tried to date.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    No dry aged beef, but SO MANY of US shared lots of other foods today and I hope my contribution to our event helps draw more and MORE people back next year and thereafter! This Peoria eggfest does not charge to attend - is open to the public with no advertising, but word of mouth, and grows and grows! Peoria is an easily driveable destination in the Midwest and those of us who live here know that! BTW Jeff, I left my KILLER Westies in charge of security of my prize dry aged meat!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Yummee lookin pie.Even sweeter iron. ;)
  • ranger ray
    ranger ray Posts: 812
    let''s have shoot and eggfest combo? !
  • Think Hoss' 2nd one will be coming up ;)
  • Hey Focker, nice pie :woohoo:
    Glad to see you making the Fest rounds ;)
    Know how much you appreciate life after nursing school , but you need to start getting those MSN basics under way :evil:
  • Focker
    Thanks Hoss, DOW

Took a little time off :whistle: .
    Plan on starting BSN classes in the fall. It feels good to have a life again. :woohoo:
    The first year in the trenches has been great. :)
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Go for the fast track and get 'er over!
  • Focker
    Man, I wish I could. :(
    You did it the right way. :)

Still paying off student loans from the first run.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Boilermaker Ben
    Boilermaker Ben Posts: 1,956
    It was good to see you again, Brandon. I also lugged my camera around all day and only took one pic. Too much good food to take any photos.

Glad you found Blues Hog. I visited a Schnucks and a Sav-A-Lot, and struck out at both places.

Here's hoping Sterling posts their fest on the forum next year.
  • Boilermaker Ben
    Dry-aged beef was conspicuously absent. The only aging was the 72-hour georgia red wings...no 72-day beef. What is it about counting fridge time?
  • Boilermaker Ben
    We missed you, Clay. There's some new goings on in Illinois this year, from the sound of it.

Apparently there was a festival in Sterling in early April that was kept on the down low...no forum banner. Will look for that next year.

Also, we heard from the BGE rep on Saturday that there will be an eggfest incorporated into, or at least coinciding with, the annual town fair in Highland Park, one of the north-side suburbs.

And of course, there's Lake Zurich, too, but I hear that's more of a demo than a fest.
  • Boilermaker Ben
    Brandon's pizzas were outstanding. He really nailed the crust.
  • Focker
    Ben,

Great to see ya this weekend. :)

We had such a wide spread of food for the masses. B)

I will keep you informed when I hear from Jim Prescott(owner) about the fest in Sterling next year. It's a bit smaller than Peoria, but we had an excellent turnout for his first fest!

I put a good dent in the Blues Hog stock at the Schnucks on University St. :blush:
    Brandon
    Quad Cities